Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Back linking info

linconian
Trust:

Back linking info

I've just put up a site but, haven't got the time to add any back links to it. So I was going to use ODESK and get someone to do it for me.

Now I wanted 100 backlinks, but do I ask the person to add them slowly, say 20 a week tomake it look more natrual or get them to add more or less.

As I haven't used Odesk before would someone who has tell me how to go about this task.

Thanks a lot.
Michael

swarlley
Trust:
20 a week is safe. Make sure that you are very specific about what kind of backlinks you want when you post the job. Screen the applicants with the filters and check their feedback from previous jobs.
linconian
Trust:
Thanks for that Swarlley
As I've been updating the site and adding articles I haven't had the opportunity to go onto ODESK yet and have a look around.

As there's some sporting event on this weekend here in the UK, I'll pop over there and have a look round.

Are there other sites that do the same thing as ODESK, if there are I'll have a look at them as well.

Thanks again for the reply.

Michael.
Michael

swarlley
Trust:
You're welcome Michael. You can also look for SEO guys on Elance. I haven't personally used anyone there for backlinks but I have hired for writing and spinning in the past and had good results.
anil
Trust:
For oDesk I would recommend as well as posting your job and waiting for applications, go actively searching for high rep contractors. Thats where you will more likely find higher quality.
swarlley
Trust:
Anil is right.
When I post jobs on oDesk now, I typically set it as private so that only people who I have invited to bid on a project are allowed to bid. Even with stringent filtering you can easily find 10-20 or more people very qualified for your job.

If you leave the job open for anyone to bid, be ready to dig through at least 50 responses at a minimum (probably waaaay more).
anil
Trust:
swarlley wrote:
If you leave the job open for anyone to bid, be ready to dig through at least 50 responses at a minimum (probably waaaay more).

Yep, you will most likely have a ton of applications to look through.

linconian wrote:
Now I wanted 100 backlinks, but do I ask the person to add them slowly, say 20 a week tomake it look more natrual or get them to add more or less.

Leverage your project. I would add, rather than hiring one person straight away to build 20 links a week for 5 weeks, just hire one person at a time for 20 backlinks. Use a different contractor each week until you are happy with them. Once you are, use that guy to complete the project.
swarlley
Trust:
Make sure that your SEO person uses varied anchor text. Say your keyword is 'stop dogs biting'.

Have them use 'stop dogs biting' for a few and maybe something like 'biting dog', 'dog training', 'www'YOURSITE.com', 'click here', etc for some of the anchor texts.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

For a task such as this, I wouldn't go to Odesk at all as there are businesses that provide this service as a package.

1. You get a better deal
2. You get experienced people that have done this and KNOW exactly what to do
3. You get to see what kind of links you get before you buy
4. You don't have to deal with trying to figure out who to trust on the freelance sites

Something like serprockets or a similar service is exactly what you're looking for.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

linconian
Trust:
Thanks for the heads up guys.

I've been to Odesk and had a look around, there are loads of stuff to sift through. I also looked at Serprockets but had no idea what I was looking at.

It said a lot about spinning articles which I've already done. I know it sounds dumb but all this information is new to me and it will take time for me to get my head round it.

Thanks a gain for your help.
Michael

pepdealc
Trust:
make backlink slowly and make sure it comes only from original content.

This topic was started on Jul 21, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.