Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

back link checker

mark schaaf
Trust:

back link checker

I like checking back links on different checkers just do see how different they are and came across one that says I have 14 back links which matches most of the other checkers i have tried but they say I have 94 pages indexed which is funny considering I only have 43 pages on my site. what could be going on. thanks Mark
Mark

faradina
Trust:
Hi Mark,

Is that a wordpress site? Category pages, tag pages, archives pages, and comment pages, etc., on wordpress sites could also get indexed. To prevent that from happening, configure it by selecting the noindex options for those elements on your SEO plugin's settings page.

I hope that helps :)
mark schaaf
Trust:
Hi Faradina, I use serif web editor, which works great. I do think it is odd that different back link checkers come up with different results, check using link diagnosis to check first and i has never shown more then 6 back links then it goes down then back up, then i use another and i show 11 then check on Traffic travis and I have 10. as far as pages indexed most of them only show about half my pages as being indexed.
Mark

mark schaaf
Trust:
for back link checkers just put back link checkers into any search and pick which one to use, as far as traffic travis just type traffic travis into a search and it should come up, Mark
Mark

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
mark schaaf wrote:they say I have 94 pages indexed which is funny considering I only have 43 pages on my site

You could check this page and look for the possible reason why the search engines located more pages than you expected: Too Many Pages Indexed
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Nov 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.