Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Artisteer: Good or bad for SEO?

emmelynch
Trust:

Artisteer: Good or bad for SEO?

does any have a clue when the next version might be out that will do multiple pages without resorting to coding

2nd... I've seen much varying different opinions about Artisteer and SEO... Someone (on another forurm) called it a "modern day Frontpage," ie full of extra coding, while others say it just generates WP templates which in turn can be made SEO-ready with the proper WP plugins (such as the all-in-one-SEO pack, or whatever it's called).

Yes, I'm aware that content is king, but I don't want to invest in something that's not also good at SEO... thanks
jonmartinez
Trust:
I purchased Artisteer about a year ago. It seemed to put together some decent looking pages with very little effort. Overall it is kind of like FrontPage because it is super easy. It does generate less than optimal HTML, but it is nowhere near as bad as the garbage that FrontPage spits out.

However, it does a lot of things incorrectly from an SEO standpoint. For example, the page titles are not shown using an "H1" tag.

It also has a lot of other quirks to the HTML that make it difficult to customize the pages to your own liking. Once you customize a page, all of your edits will be overwritten the next time you export the template from Artisteer.

For the price, it is a pretty useful tool, and they do provide a fully functional demo. The demo however will put watermarks on sites that you export from it. These watermarks will be removed when you purchase a license.

Good Luck!
Jon
slvrsrfr
Trust:
If you use the All-in-one-SEO plugin you should be golden with pretty much any Wordpress theme.
josephcounseling
Trust:
I do prefer to use SEO plugins as they reduce the amount of work,good SEO plugins not only reduce time and gives accuracy as well.

Links removed by moderator

This topic was started on Apr 19, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.