Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Articles published 75 times but ZERO backlinks from AMA

green6771
Trust:

Articles published 75 times but ZERO backlinks from AMA

Hi Guys,

A second post re AMA. I have had 10 or more articles written for AMA and have spun these and submitted them according to their guidelines. They have each been published 75+ times and have an acceptance rate of not less than 92%. So far so good. BUT I have no (that's right, ZERO) backlinks from this. I have tried contacting AMA without success.

Not sure what's happening and what to do. Need to get some backlinks happening. Would love to hear some thoughts on how best to proceed.

Also, for the staff, 2 things please:
1.Does Mark still use / suggest AMA? (ie how does he get it to work?)
2. How is the flight simulator sight going in terms of sales (from the blogging bootcamp)

Thanks so much.

Jesse
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
Jesse, for the most part the sites that publish AMA articles are not the highest quality, so it can sometimes be quite a while for your articles to get indexed (up to several months). How long have you been using AMA?

I'm also curious about Mark's current opinion of blog networks. I've heard some negative things about them recently...
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL mostly from me Clayton.

Jesse, it will take 2-3 months for your backlinks from ama to show up, and about a month for them to disapear, unless you happen to get an article on one of the very few blog owners who actually do anything to promote the blog, and try to use the content that they have built up.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

green6771
Trust:
Thanks Guys!
bartko09
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:LOL mostly from me Clayton.

Jesse, it will take 2-3 months for your backlinks from ama to show up, and about a month for them to disapear, unless you happen to get an article on one of the very few blog owners who actually do anything to promote the blog, and try to use the content that they have built up.

AMA is garbage. I was in the same boat. 5 articles submitted, each published about 90+ times with a 90+% acceptance rate and only have about 30 backlinks to show for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement for AMA? Their customer service is horrible so I've canceled my subscription.

I've heard very positive reviews on SEO Linkvine, from someone I know, but was also considering SENuke.
PremiumMember
ericmarlow
Trust:
bartko09 wrote:
AMA is garbage. I was in the same boat. 5 articles submitted, each published about 90+ times with a 90+% acceptance rate and only have about 30 backlinks to show for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a replacement for AMA? Their customer service is horrible so I've canceled my subscription.

I've heard very positive reviews on SEO Linkvine, from someone I know, but was also considering SENuke.

Wow! You got 30 backlinks from only 5 articles. Sounds like a great return on investment to me. That's fantastic. :-)
elink
Trust:
bartko09 wrote:
jmpruitt wrote:LOL mostly from me Clayton.

Hey bartko09, before you try SENuke, try Magic Submitter. Magic Submitter is a more customizable and much less expensive than SENuke. Its definitely an alternative to AMA since your links will not be limited to blog networks only. Check the link in my signature if you are interested. Cheers.
GET AFFILOJETPACK AND BONUS HERE ----> https://bit.ly/AFFILOJETPACK

OR HERE-----> http://affilojetpackreview1.blogspot.com

jacksonlin
Trust:
Alternatives:

SEO Linkinve
Unique Article Wizard
Article Ranks

I use ALL of them, including AMA, and it's not garbage. I have 2000 SPUN articles in there.

I have been using it for more than a year now, you just don't have enough articles.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
Well I have articles in ama and other article networks too, and you can get quite good rankings from them but you should look into alot more alternative ways of getting backlinks. Also Article Networks are way overrated and im sure their effectiveness is going to drop alot in future.

How hard is it to design a search engine bot to count the amount of paragraphs in an article and then it checks between which paragraphs the links is coming and to what address its pointing from each blog an article is posted with a link to a certain site?

For a decent programmer it takes mabye a few hours. Its so super simple to detect spun content from article networks these days and i am sure search engines knows this too thats why the effectiveness i so much lower than it should be.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

avggenius
Trust:
Re: Article Networks and their efficacy...Hmmm...I disagree that the efficacy of these networks is dwindling.

I have just posted on my blog:

http://theaveragegenius.net

About an A-Bomb I just did, massive submission to SEOLV, UAW, ArticleRanks, iSnare, and Magic Submitter, ArticleBot and Magic Article Submitter. I just did a nearly 6k word post on it at my blog so I won't get all into it here, but here's the short version:

1) Set up a target of web 2.0 properties, a Squidoo lens and EzineArticle, pointing to my money-site (the lens is also a landing page but is a link to my main site as well).

2) Submit a well-spun set of 3 articles (3 rewrites of the same article - not scraped, 100% mine), targeting the web 2.0 properties, using all of the above tools.

My site had some movement on the two pages I was targeting: main domain and the inner landing page. The landing page was ranking for a product name, but not the main keyword of that page.

After this technique, that page is now ranking #65 out of the blue - not bad.

The main site is #1 in Google.

I don't think that the article networks are going out of style - UAW especially as it offers you video embeds, images, in-text links (most think it's only links in the resource box, this isn't true), audio embeds...you can do a lot with UAW. Those backlinks **count** on UAW, and stick, though about 1/3-1/2 will fall off after a while.

So, my best run on UAW (one article) was 250 backlinks per YSE. The site in question went from page 8 to page 1 after the run, and still shows 130 links.

ArticleRanks is the next network I'd stick with - SEOLV is plainly too small and too slow to publish. Doing a comparison, AR published 3 x the amount of SEOLV, which was petered out after a week...not impressive. UAW is still cranking out my articles after 500 submissions on two articles in this test.

So: to the original poster:

IF you want your backlinks to count, do this:

Every trackback you get - hoping you use WordPress! - take the feeds into a CSV or text file. Create an account with IceRocket, and mix all these feeds to create one feed. Then submit this mashed feed via RSSBot or Magic Submitter (or whatever RSS feed submitter you use, KSoft has a massive one). After that, go to Pingler and Pingoat, and ping the feed.

Then bookmark the feed you've made.

Sounds like a lot of work, but it takes only 20 minutes of your time and indexes your backlinks. I am assuming of course that you have seen trackbacks to begin with. Hope this helps, it indexes my backlinks though it may take a week or two.
sonitin
Trust:
If anyone has issues with AMA then you will find UAW as a far worse option. Stupid and dead customer support, no refunds, no approvals. For article submission focus on Submityourarticles, they work way better. For blog networks I am using a combination of AMA/LinkVana/TrafficKahuna.

If anyone wants to get their articles placed on all of these networks then pm me :)
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

avggenius
Trust:
Not sure what you're talking about with UAW - they've propelled my sites to #1 in Google. With every run I do, I get backlinks, upward movement in the SERPs, and results - they're also the oldest bunch doing this service, whereas everyone else is a Johnny come lately.

Not speaking as an affiliate here for UAW (though I am - but you won't find a link in this reply) - I'm a customer, and a happy customer who has taken #1 in google due to their stellar service and results.
green6771
Trust:
Thanks for all the comments and advice. I really appreciate it. For info I have attached the email dialogue between me and AMA help (Gerry). Would welcome your thought. I think I might be getting spun a line...

Gerry, Jul 02 14:11 (EST):
Search engines collect accurate data. They just don't show it to us. After all, they go to large expense to collect that information for their business and they are not likely to share that propriety information for free. To give you an insight into this I was looking at an auction on flippa the other day. The site listed 20 Google backlinks. Have a guess how many Yahoo had? 5000

This shows Google simply does not show anything useful. As for Yahoo, their data is OLD and only a summary anyway. Realistically that site had probably created 20000 backlinks.

I personally use Google search to find my backlinks for an article. I leave a sentence unspun and then phrase match search for that sentence. It is far more useful and shows me a good percentage of my articles that have been distributed. Again, it is not accurate but is a better indication of how many articles are out there. As for the exact figures, I can log in and check out AMA. I just multiply the publication figure by how many links I put into the article.

So ironically, the most accurate information is the information you are inclined to trust the least while the least accurate information is the information you are inclined to trust the most. Personally, I recommend on just creating quality content for search terms you want to rank for (and using these to backlink to your site) and focus on traffic instead.

Regards

Gerry

Jesse Green, Jul 01 21:21 (EST):
Hi Gerry,

I have been checking backlinks via google and yahoo. Still none from any of the AMA network.

Regards,
Jesse

Gerry, Jun 30 14:33 (EST):
Hi Jesse

1. Our submission service does slow down after a while for each article ... it does not keep going indefinitely. You will get the majority of your submissions in the first 6 to 8 weeks. Do you have specific details on what you mean by "slow down"?

2. What are you using to determine your backlinks?

Regards

Gerry

Jesse Green, Jun 25 11:24 (EST):
I have submitted numerous articles and these have each been published about 70+ times. The acceptance rate is about 95%-100%. I have 2 questions:
1. My submissions seem to have slowed down
2. More importantly, I have received ZERO backlinks.

Why is this happening. Why should I be paying for a service I have not received?

Please update me as soon as possible.

Also, please answer your telephone. I have rung many times (I am in Queensland too) and there has been no answer.

Thank you.

Jesse Green
bartko09
Trust:
I've been getting killer results with SEOLinkvine. Two of my keywords are on page 1 of Google. The first keyword use to be page one, position #10. Now it's page 1 position #1. The other I couldn't even find in Google, it was buried that deep. Now it's page 1, position #2. I'll have to monitor it for a while to see where they settle out but so far I'm kind of impressed.
PremiumMember
spunky
Trust:
I set up a test to test the effectiveness of AMA.

Created a domain.
Selected a keyword phrase (4 stars in traffic travis and a B+ for SEO Analysis).
Submitted XML Site Map to Google via Webmaster tools.
Then created a spun article.
Submitted it to AMA.
I'm getting high rankings for that keyword phrase after 1.5 months.

Side note: That keyword phrase is not in my domain. I currently have no backlinks from AMA.

So there is something to AMA. I don't think 99% of blogs my articles are posted to by AMA are worth anything ( or even indexed). But I still think spiders see the backlinks and cast a vote for your site regardless. I don't know how else to explain the rankings. I have no ezine articles, web 2.0 backlinks, no directory submissions, no keywords in domain, nothing.. only AMA and a slightly optimized page.
PremiumMember
cterao
Trust:
That's good to know, Spunky. Thanks for doing that little test. I'm guessing that AMA must have SOME value. Either that or the competition was really low for the keyword (Traffic Travis analysis aside).
Clayton
I did AffiloBlueprint for one year - http://www.journeyofmyown.com/welcome-affilorama-friends/

Make $100 commissions by being my affiliate - http://exsolutionprogram.com/affiliates/

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
how long have you been running the test? I used AMA for 8 months. got early results, and it is great for fast rankings. however, by the time 8 months was over, none of what I did on my first site was doing me anything. i had to start all over on my link building. lost most of the rankings on those sites. within 3 months of canceling my account, you would never even know I existed on their network. all my links had disapeared.

if you are relying on them, you will have to constantly add new articles to the network to keep the rankings. I have said this before, but it isn't the network owners fault exactly. the only way they could make a blog network stick is to totally control every blog within the network and make sure that every post on tthose blogs got promoted. Then they would have to monitor the content submitted to ensure that the content was worthy of taking up space on the net. combine the low quality content from people who dont take the time to spin properly with a network loaded with blogs that never have any promotion,s (most of them never even get a theme put on them) and you get a bunch of sites that google now classifies as link farms...
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

luxem1
Trust:
bartko09 wrote:I've been getting killer results with SEOLinkvine. Two of my keywords are on page 1 of Google. The first keyword use to be page one, position #10. Now it's page 1 position #1. The other I couldn't even find in Google, it was buried that deep. Now it's page 1, position #2. I'll have to monitor it for a while to see where they settle out but so far I'm kind of impressed.

Do you know if Rapid Rewriter articles are compatible with SEOLinkvine? Are the brackets compatible? I have SEOLinkvine and am looking for ways to speed up the article creation process.

Thanks,
Joan
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Joan, not only is rapid rewriter compatible with SEO Linkvine, you can log into and submit from the Rapid rewriter dashboard. it is compatible with SEO LinkVine, AMA, and Unique article wizard

luxem1
Trust:
Thanks James! I appreciate all the help you give everyone and how quickly you do so.

I'm still undecided as to whether it is going to be Rapid Rewriter or The Best Spinner by Jonathan Leger. I like the copyscape checker feature build right inside The Best Spinner and the fact the synonym base is increasing all the time based on user input. The creator of SEOLinkvine told me he likes Best Spinner. The Best Spinner is more expensive (77/yr vs one time charge for RR).

Is Best Spinner listed on Clickbank? Where is their affiliate program? I can't find it off their webpage.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Never used best spinner, but RR also builds its own database. Personally I rather have one that I pay once for rather than a high monthly fee. I understand you get the database updates, but thats not enough for me to pay outrageous fees for. what else does it do for you at that price?

luxem1
Trust:
Since you are a RR user already you would be in a better position than me to compare as the only spinner I've used is inside SEOLinkvine and it isn't that great. Take a quick look at Best Spinner's video http://thebestspinner.com/

$77/yr is less than $7/month so isn't that much in the grand scheme of things.
ams01
Trust:
Had to reply to this thread as I have used both "The Best Spinner" and now only use "Rapid Rewriter" and the reason is this;

1 - I found a few bug issues with TBS when trying to make paragraphs optional, and if you know about this it's quite important, I always add 2 sleeping paragraphs in my articles, as well as sentences. Basicly I nearly lost 2 rewritten articles in TBS, I have never had this issue with RR.

2 - With regards to the synonym tool, yes it gets global use but I found when I added unique words for my niche the next time I used it they were replaced - frustrating. With RR you add your own even though it comes with a big data base, however a good tip if you use smartphones I got a free App for my iphone (& thats a perfectly good working upgrade to I4 :-) ) it's a dictionary and thesaurus that I use to build up my data base with even more options.

3 - RR comes with an excellent free SEO course in my oppinion well worth the purchase in it's self.

Regards
Alan
robinjackman
Trust:
search engine will take 2-3 months for update all the backlinks which comes to your website so you should wait for few more days.

This topic was started on Jun 24, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.