Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Article Spinning and Uniqueness

thenewb
Trust:

Article Spinning and Uniqueness

Hello Board,

Does anybody know how much an article needs to be spun in order to probably not get picked up by googles duplicate content filter (20%, 30%,40%,70%)?

I found a cool article spinning tool and it can spin your article into 250 articles with a few clicks, but if you do this auto feature then it is only well read if you keep it under 26%.

Thanks in advance,
Sylvan
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Sylvan,
I assume you mean from your own original article?
If I spin an article from my main original article I would try to have at least 60% spun differently.
That way you would have spun more than 50% so you will have more unique content than less unique content.
Just my 2 cents. You need to test this for yourself to see what works for you.
You could do less, but the SE's will just ignore your spun article as it will be viewed as duplicate content.
I realize the linkback to your money page or site is important here but.. if the article is ignored, what's the point, it defeats the purpose.
No one knows what the spun % is for Google to consider it to be OK.
Googles algorithm was improved with Google Caffeine and they are pretty good at spotting duplicate content now.
Try to rewrite/spin the whole sentence first and then the words.
Mix up the line breaks and paragraphs and anchor text etc..

Just for the new members here, Mark teaches in the blueprint to write unique content.
Then you can spin that content for other purposes.
This gives the visitor more valuable information than just rehashed copied content that you copy from other people.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

thenewb
Trust:
Thank for the reply Troy, Yes I am talking about my own original article.......

My guess is that the content filter won't pick it up if it is at least 30% spun.... but I don't really have any scientific basis for that deduction, other than the fact that a 30% spun article, although doesn't sound like much, reads like a completely different article.

You know to really get alot of backlinks it just is not possible to never spin your articles. By the way, Mark teaches to spin your articles, he even shows you how in AMA, and he suggests 70% but that involves re-writing almost all the sentences.... You might as well just write another original article at that point......

Anybody else have an educated guess on google's duplicate content filter?

Thanks in advance,
Sylvan
burkhardt5
Trust:
Hi Sylvan
From what I have learned 30% is the lowest guess but as Troy said the SE's will ignore any duplicates. What I am doing is trying for 60% but I will settle for around 45%. When writing your original article, keep in mind that you will be spinning it and with some practice when you go to spin them it gets easier. A simple rule is to not write too detailed sentences which will be harder to rewrite. One last thing, I shoot for 60% because sometimes when I go to rewrite there are phrases,sentences, etc. that I simply can't rewrite in enough ways and only have two versions, this is ok as long as the rest is well spun droping my % to 45-50. It takes time but if you don't do it well your just wasting your time. When you think you are done go back and rewrite a little more, it's worth it.
Paul Burkhardt
Paul J. Burkhardt

This topic was started on Apr 01, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.