Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Article re-write and directory submission question

PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:

Article re-write and directory submission question

I can't seem to find this answer quickly enough in the lessons so I will ask all of you.On article re-writes or original articles,we post them on our site first,then re-write and submit to directories? or the other way around? I am just startingt o do this.thanks
PremiumMember
espresso
Trust:
Its best to post them on your site first and make sure they are indexed before altering them by 20-30% and submitting them elsewhere. That way the search engines know that you are the originator of the content.

Jill
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
ok if I made the mistake of submitting prior to putting it on my site,what should I do? Obviously don't do that again,but should i put it on as is?
PremiumMember
espresso
Trust:
I'm not sure there is a hard and fast rule about this and I don't think its a major problem. Its just that if you have a choice, its better the other way round.

I would definitely still put it on your site and I'd probably change it a bit. So re-write the opening and closing paragraphs and mix up the body a bit. You could also add to it - either in the form of some extra resources or tips - to make it longer, more comprehensive and therefore, more authorative.

Jill
PremiumMember
revimp
Trust:
thank you for your help.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
The point of altering your article is to make it seem like an entirely new and different article from the search engine perspective. To this end, it doesn't matter which order your post the article to your site or submit to article directories, since (hopefully) the search engines won't be able to connect the two articles.

If you were not altering the article at all, then certainly it's better to have it indexed on your website before it goes out to the directories. You're the original and everyone else is copying.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive