Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Article Marketing

kate reber
Trust:

Article Marketing

Another very effective way to bring in quality traffic to your site or sites is article marketing. Just write short articles related to your site's keywords and place your keyworded links in the resource box. Distribute these articles all over the web. Right now, what is working for me, is writing unique articles which I only place on one important site. I am using this technique with sites like SiteProNews, Buzzle and many more. Article marketing is still one of the most effective ways to get quality traffic, just try it.
Affiliate Manager
www.buzzcreators.com

diannefrancisco
Trust:
Short articles are definitely effective because they look easy to read instead of those long and wordy ones. Tagging keywords makes the traffic more effective.It will be easy for people to reach your page once they type those keywords on the search engine.
pazalfon
Trust:
thumbs up! Short articles will also increase its credibility and attracts new clients within the marketplace. Shorts articles are often syndicated and can easily be published to multiply sites.
PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
How short is "short"? With the Google Panda scare still fresh in our minds,is a 400 word article too short?
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

kate reber
Trust:
Sometimes short articles is effective, but articles must be very informative, fresh, unique and interesting to get the attention of the reader..
Affiliate Manager
www.buzzcreators.com

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
kieran, honestly quality is more important than quantity. I have seen some articles that were really great at 300-400 words, and some that are 1000+ words that were just wasted space, so don't worry so much about length.

how well are people engaging in your articles? are you making people think? do you get people to react? that is really what is important.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

burkhardt5
Trust:
I think you hit that right on the head James. The lenght of an article has little to do with it's effectiveness, but I do think that a article should be at least 400 words. Some article sites will not post your article unless it is at least 500 words and when you spin an article the lenght will vary, so keeping them about 500+ words will make your submission process go smoother. On the other hand I think that if you can keep your articles very interesting for 1000 words it should give you more credibility on the topic and will encourage people to trust what you say and click on your links.
Paul
Never Give Up!!!
Paul J. Burkhardt

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
I agree with James that "short" can definitely be better, but I recall a note sent by Winston Churchill once to a friend: "I am sorry this letter is so long - I did not have the time to make it short"! A good short article can often take a lot of time to do properly.
Kieran

kate reber
Trust:
Those are great and informative stuff.. Thanks all for sharing..
Affiliate Manager
www.buzzcreators.com

mark schaaf
Trust:
The problem I see with article marketing is time. You spend a lot of time putting your article together sent it out to a few places, spin it send it to more places and you never know how effective it is. Most article sites don't keep track of how many people go from your article to your site, I know E- zine articles keeps track but I don't know how many others do. Also depending on your subject you may only get people to your site just looking for more information. Sometimes they will come back many times before buying something and sometimes not. At least if you don't get a sale out of it depending on where your article is you could at least get a link out of it. For me out of the 400 reads I have gotten from my articles on e-zine articles I have gotten only 17 clicks to my site, which I don't consider very good so this makes it difficult to know if the article is too long, not informative enough or what. I also don't want to end the article with too big a push towards trying to sell people something because some people don't like to feeling sold. It is also hard to figure out just how many article sites to use. I am using about 30 or so, I tried some others like Buzzle or however it is spelled but I don't like them, I don't think they are fair and don't do a good job. I was approved to be an author and sent in an article with the one link I am allowed and since I wrote the article myself and put in the link myself I know there was only one link but Buzzle said I had two links deleted the article before it was ever posted and they never told me where the supposed 2nd link was and this was after at least 5 e-mails asking what was wrong. So to me they are half assed in how the check things and deal with the people trying to put articles on there site. They said I could try again later and said I should cancel my account and re submit. I did what they said and when I sent in the exact same articles to them to review in order for them to decide if they wanted to let me post that I sent them the first time they approved me they said the quality wasn't very good. And after reading some of the crap on there site I couldn't believe they would turn me down reading the same articles they approved me on the first time around. So sometimes it makes a difference where you post as well.
Mark

PremiumMember
process
Trust:
Hi Mark and others
I have a lot of questions about how potent article marketing is myself. Like yourself I have about 30 article sites i've manually submitted to.
I also didn't find Buzzle user friendly.

I've read here where some say only manually submit to around 5 or 10 sites - then auto submit to the rest...or don't even bother to post to them due to duplicates and poor value links.

A question I have that i'm hoping someone can answer here is where is your time best spent?
Is it on manual submissions to the lesser sites or creating your own 2.0 sites and putting your articles on them then link wheeling?

I'd love some clarification here from the more experienced among us.
"When you have the choice to be right or to be kind - just choose kind"

-Stuart Wilde

PremiumMember
process
Trust:
Hi Mark and others
I have a lot of questions about how potent article marketing is myself. Like yourself I have about 30 article sites i've manually submitted to.
I also didn't find Buzzle user friendly.

I've read here where some say only manually submit to around 5 or 10 sites - then auto submit to the rest...or don't even bother to post to them due to duplicates and poor value links.

A question I have that i'm hoping someone can answer here is where is your time best spent?
Is it on manual submissions to the lesser sites or creating your own 2.0 sites and putting your articles on them then link wheeling?

I'd love some clarification here from the more experienced among us.

-Stuart Wilde

PremiumMember
process
Trust:
PS I'd be interested in hearing peoples experiences with isnare.com.

I submitted 5 articles to them 'months ago'

I have emailed them several times requesting status of pending articles.

I have requested information in regards to payment to submit those articles.

I have received nothing...or any response or recognition of my enquiries.

Very unprofessional.

-Stuart Wilde

mark schaaf
Trust:
I haven't done a link wheel yet a little of the reasoning being it is a lot of work and what kind of link wheel I want to make. Also I haven't been able to get the kind of information I want in terms of real results. We have all been told how great article marketing is and with all the stuff I have done I have only seen limited results. So right now I am kind of in the process putting something together and hoping I see more happen then what I see from article marketing whether it be more back links more visits to my site or moving up higher in search results. I just want to know more before hand that I will get better results then what I am doing now before I do all that work.
Mark

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
I have had good results from ezines. From their stats I see that my clickthrough rate is about 25%, and I have even had a couple of comments (out of 45 articles). Definitely had some good links and probably one or two sales. I haven't figured out how to track ezine traffic right through to a sale yet, but I'm sure it's possible.

I also syndicate each article to Articlesbase (as soon as ezine has approved it) then GoArticles (who seem to be less fussy than the others). Articlesbase has some stats, although not as good as ezines.

Agree that Buzzle is a waste of time, also Article Dashboard.

Overall I think that, although hard work and time consuming, article marketing is definitely worthwhile.

Kieran
Kieran

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I use a bit different style of article marketing. still using a lot of original articles, but way more worthwhile is Blog Guest posting. 1 good guest post will do more good than 100 articles on Eza. It is still article marketing but way better in my opinion. By getting my articles posted on some semi popular blogs within my niches, I can often get 100+ visitors to my site directly, plus I can often get those guest posts ranking in serps. I try to do 2-3 guest posts a week, and it has been one of the most effective traffic tactics I have done.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

ellatep
Trust:
Hi James, is there a particular site you can go to, to guest post or do you have to find them in your particular niche? How do you go about guest posting?
ellat
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
There are several sites that you can go to do it. I use MyBlogGuest.com as well as simply searching for blogs. I go into it in detail within my traffic guide. Basically, I do a lot of social networking anyway, and the best way to do that is by networking with the popular bloggers. They are always in the know of who the goto people are in the niche. By networking with the bloggers, I get to know them, and once I build a relationship with them, I will approach them for a guest post on their blog.

joshuas
Trust:
Process wrote:A question I have that i'm hoping someone can answer here is where is your time best spent?

I guess there are two ways to look at article marketing. First of all, it's link value. Compared to link wheels that utilize new Web 2.0 properties, my experience is that article marketing is more effective in pushing up my rankings within a shorter period of time. If you use your own link network for link wheels however, this might be a more worthwhile use of your time as you are building up a web asset over time and it will get more effective.

Secondly, you can look at it in terms of driving traffic to your site. Honestly, I don't think article marketing is very effective for this purpose. I get clicks from my articles but they aren't 'qualified traffic' so to speak. Like James mentioned, I think guest posting is a much better option and use of your time if traffic is your goal.

Joshua

This topic was started on May 27, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.