Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Article marketing Link build basic question

artivejoy
Trust:

Article marketing Link build basic question

Hi, I’m a newbie in article marketing to build backlinks. Here is my questions:

Pages Articles

PKW1<--------- AKW1
<--------- AKW1a
<--------- AKW1b

PKW2<--------- AKW2
<--------- AKW2a
<--------- AKW2b

1. I have build a website which has 2 main pages PKW1,PKW2. And I’m target these 3 pages for Keyword 1: KW1, Keyword 2: KW2.
2. Now I want to use article marketing to build links for the first main pages. Do I choose the same Keyword for the article title? Or I can choose any related Keyword in the article title and put a link back to PKW1?
3. If I choose related keyword in the article title, Do I need to care about the rank for this article? Or just link back to PKW1?
4. Is my link building method is correct?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
artivejoy wrote:2. Now I want to use article marketing to build links for the first main pages. Do I choose the same Keyword for the article title? Or I can choose any related Keyword in the article title and put a link back to PKW1?

You could choose the same keyword or a related keyword to link back to your own site. Just make sure that the articles are related to each other

artivejoy wrote:3. If I choose related keyword in the article title, Do I need to care about the rank for this article? Or just link back to PKW1?

There is actually nothing you can do to improve the ranking of the articles that you have submitted to article directories. It's important to submit good quality stuff from the start so that it will naturally rank well.

What you have to watch out for is duplicate content. The articles from your site should be different from those that you will submit to article directories. They should at least be 50% different. You would want both articles to rank high in search engines. Otherwise, either your article on the article directory or on the page on your site will not rank well.

artivejoy wrote:4. Is my link building method is correct?

It would be great if you could link to your internal pages and not your main pages. These are harder to get backlinks to so do link to the pages within your site if you can.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

artivejoy
Trust:
Thanks very much, michellerana.

So here is my summary.

1. Use same or related keyword to write articles. Submit them to the article directory but don't expect their ranking get too high. Link back to the page you want to rank high.
2. I need to rewrite the article I used before to post on my website. Otherwise, I may get duplicate content penalty.

Is it right?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
artivejoy wrote:1. Use same or related keyword to write articles. Submit them to the article directory but don't expect their ranking get too high. Link back to the page you want to rank high.

It is possible that the article you submitted to an article directory will actually end up ranking higher in the search engines than your original article but this is not something you have to be worried about since your main goal is to get backlinks.

artivejoy wrote:2. I need to rewrite the article I used before to post on my website. Otherwise, I may get duplicate content penalty

Right. Search engines will only rank one version of the article well so it would be best to reword them to get a better chance of ranking for both versions of the articles
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

artivejoy
Trust:
got it, thanks very much.

This topic was started on Jan 04, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.