Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Are sub domains good for SEO?

jacknife
Trust:

Are sub domains good for SEO?

Should I use sub-domains for my products? The all sub domains things is very unclear to me. Are they good to use?
Natural Health Remedies: www.productspreview.com

benyost
Trust:
Not really, Subdomains are good for quick short term sites or testing.

Use a domain for anything long term- Google likes them better so they are easier to rank with. Try to make it so that the domain matches the main keyword you are going after.
robinjackman
Trust:
yes sub domain helpful for seo but it will not helpful for main domain.
dvdv882
Trust:
It is almost like one should wait off on using sub domains until their site is established. Once that has occurred you could restructure your site breaking things up like forums and what not into sub domains. However if you have sections of your site you want to be distinctively different from each other you would then want to start off right form the beginning with a sub domain.

So a good example of what not to do for a new site would be to make a news.domain.com Since all your content would be on the news sub domain doing no good for your main site.

This topic was started on Aug 21, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.