Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Are profile links worth anything?

burkhardt5
Trust:

Are profile links worth anything?

I have been looking to outsource some basic link building on top of my own link building efforts and have found all kinds of adds like, 1000 backlinks for $9.99 and 15000 backlinks for $20.00 at [url]monsterbacklinks.com[/url]. These all seem to be profile links which I don't think would be good links at all. Plain and simple: "Are they worth anything". In other words if I got 15000 profile links for $20 would they help at all?
Thanks
Paul
Never Give Up!!!
Paul J. Burkhardt

jcdean
Trust:
I doubt it.

If they were worth anything I could target the term "Lose Weight Fast" and buy a million of these links and be top dog until some one came along and bought two million.

I am not seeing the results from article links like I use to either.

Lately I have been using the New Traffic Travis to develop my own secret stash of good links by spying on other people.

Just my humble opinion; I think the best links are from other blogs especially those on an EDU domains.

A link on a PR 2 EDU domain is probably worth about 1000 profile links or 500 article links.

I am really digging the new Traffic Travis.
Respect,
JC Dean

wollowra
Trust:
Yeah JC is spot on.
Not to mention that Google can spot these a mile away now..
1000 links in 1 month doesn't really seem realistic does it?
Even 1000 backlinks in 6 months is a bit suss in my book if you do not have a huge site and I am sure Google will see right through it because of the type of links they are.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

burkhardt5
Trust:
Thats what I expected. I was thinking of buying some link packages like these just to give my link building a boost because I have been spending way too much time trying to get blog links, without much success. It's kinda tickin me off lately, I get to a blog and read the whole thing very carefully so I can leave a quality comment, then I leave a comment that is better than the others and still it gets rejected. Sometimes i'll spend 8+ hours working on getting blog links and end up with 0.
Seriously though.
Are there certain practices that will help your comments with links to be accepted and are there things that you should look for on a blog that will tell you if your comment has a good or bad chance of being accepted. Are there lists of blogs that are active and are easy to get comments posted on?
Thanks all
Paul
Never Give Up!!!
Paul J. Burkhardt

jcdean
Trust:
burkhardt5 wrote:Thats what I expected. I was thinking of buying some link packages like these just to give my link building a boost because I have been spending way too much time trying to get blog links, without much success. It's kinda tickin me off lately, I get to a blog and read the whole thing very carefully so I can leave a quality comment, then I leave a comment that is better than the others and still it gets rejected. Sometimes i'll spend 8+ hours working on getting blog links and end up with 0.
Seriously though.
Are there certain practices that will help your comments with links to be accepted and are there things that you should look for on a blog that will tell you if your comment has a good or bad chance of being accepted. Are there lists of blogs that are active and are easy to get comments posted on?
Thanks all
Paul
Never Give Up!!!

I find them by spying on the top dogs in the niche. You can do this at yahoo site explorer, or the new version of traffic Travis.

It's easier to get a link to stick where others have already done it successfully.

There are search strings you can use that I can't remember very well. I think it is
Keyword luv+keyword comment love+keyword. (Can some one else help out with this?)

I recently joined Chris Remple's Actually Rank. I get thousands of Do Follow link sources a month. This month (My first) i received several real High PR .EDU gems.
Respect,
JC Dean

sheepfarmer
Trust:
I believe that PR1 and up forum profiles do work. There are some services out there that offer high PR packages in smaller quantities. If you were to get a 1000 profile blast they are not all going to stick anyway. There are also some pretty good high PR blog packets out there for a very reasonable price where the stick rate is pretty high.
Give somebody a hug>> http://www.cafepress.com/artbyemily1

This topic was started on Jun 12, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.