Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Are Local Classified Sites Easy To Outrank?

fuzzyhead
Trust:

Are Local Classified Sites Easy To Outrank?

Hi all,

Just doing some research on a small, local niche & I've found a pretty good keyword that has no affiliate competition on the first page, shock, gasp,horror!

What it does have are lots of local classified sites hugging the first 6 positions; gumtree, craigslist (uk), yelp (again uk) etc.

Are these types of classified sites easy to outrank? I take it they are, just wanted to check as I'm used to checking out affiliate sites when it comes to competition not local classified sites.

Obviously being sites such as yelp & criaglist, they do have a ton of backlinks but their pages (related to my keyword) just contain local business listings, so they shouldn't pose a problem, yes or no?

Thanks for any help.
fuzzyhead
Trust:
I feel like I've posted on a lonely heart column & got no replies...sigh.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I would use Traffic Travis to check the seo competition for them, or just try it and see. i have had some that even TT said was too competetive and yet I wound up getting to the top of the rankings quickly.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

robinjackman
Trust:
Yes local classified sites are easy to outrank.

This topic was started on Jul 29, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.