Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Another Getting Indexed Question....

wall69
Trust:

Another Getting Indexed Question....

Hi Everyone,

I whizzed through the affilorama tutorials as I've been dabbling online for a while now. I've had my site up and running for about three weeks now and according to Alexa I'm ranked at 8,653,867!!!!!!!!!! Like I'm gonna make any sales there dude!

I've submitted to article directories, did the comment kahunna thing, done 5 blog posts, RSS feeds linking from blog to Hub Pages then linking to Squidoo and linking Squidoo lenses. I've pinged my blogs, my lenses, I've Stumbled, del.ic.ious (ed), done site submission, backfliped every page, Squoogled, stumpedia, tumblr..........(breath Nicola lol)

OK, sock it to me, apart from selling a kidney to Google, what else can I do to get this show on the road?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Nicola x
wollowra
Trust:
Honestly, Keep going and getting linkbacks to your site and give it time.
It won't happen overnight.
I think it took Mark a few weeks for even 1 sale to come in.
:)
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

satori
Trust:
Yea ..keep going...My site has been up for three weeks,
My alexa is 1,406,706.
I had three of my pages ranked on first page of google. This changes obviously.
Did one squidoo page, used onlywire, did 8 articles so far on amautomation and took the respun of each and submitted to 8 article directories.
So far I am happy with the progress.....
gillesjh73
Trust:
Hi Wall69

Once you have done the obvious things (Search engine submission, article directory submissions, social bookmarking) try this:

1) Continue to write 500 words articles fast. (Articles should be targeted to up to 3 keywords with this software)
http://vur.me/s/Best-Article-Writing-Software

2) Then Use AMAutomation to spin each article across targeted niches (embed 3 URLs in each article with the correct anchor text (i.e. your keywords) pointing your relevant web page)
http://vur.me/iwillsucceed/Best-Article ... utomation/

3) Finally use this 3 way linking software (solves the problem of reciprocal linking)
http://vur.me/s/Best-3-Way-Back-Link-Software

Good luck!
wall69
Trust:
Thanks for your replies everyone. I guess I'm at that deflated stage where you've put your heart and soul into something only to get cr*p results, then the uncertain feeling that I'm on the wrong road.

I did have a look at AMAutomation but to be honest it looked so complicated and the amount of time it took to put the different variations in, I could have banged out 10 articles myself.

Maybe I'm missing something, Mark did say that he was going to do some video tutorials designed for AMAutomation, maybe that will make it clearer?

I know one thing, I'm so sick of writing about flippin' hemorrhoids!.......oh why didn't I pick something a bit more interesting? lol

Thanks again everyone, I'll still keep working on the backlinks.

Nicola x
jeremyg
Trust:
"I'm so sick of writing about flippin' hemorrhoids!"

Forgive me, I had to laugh.

Keep your head up! Be persistent!

Google is always shifting its position toward quality.. always quality. Article spinning definitely has its place but consider this in the early stages of your campaign: You want to attract links. You want your content to be linked to. You want google to see your site as "authoritative". Just to throw a slightly different angle on things here, but put yourself genuinely, honestly in the shoes of the person who is looking for the product you are promoting...

For arguments sake, lets say i have hemorrhoids. (I don't)

I'm going to go to google and type in "get rid of hemorrhoids". (and many different people would type many different things)

It's googles job to present me with a list of resources that it believes would BEST give me the information i'm looking for. I weighs up things like the page title, headings and content, page age, amount of people linking to it, how authoritative the people linking to it are on this subject and many more. Its your job to show google that you are BEST suited to being presented in these results.

I see a website that promises that it can "get rid of hemorrhoids". I click on that link.

On the site I am presented with a brief, but informative article about how to "get rid of hemorrhoids" written in a professional way - recommending a tried and tested product (your affiliate product).. etc etc.

Producing a professional, authoritative website is an excellent start.. Traffic will come by being persistent.

Have you tried any of these techniques?

Frequently posting (a few a night) on relevant health forums (that allow non-nofollow links in your signature)
Offering to write guest blog posts on relevant health blogs.
Starting a hemorrhoids help group on facebook
to name a few.

Be patient and whenever promoting always weigh up whether what you're doing is likely to appear before the eyes of your target market. Always try to establish links from related sources. Make your marketing strategies from a point of view that they will be genuinely beneficial for your target market.

Hope this put some fuel on your fire!

Regards,
Jeremy G
helenw
Trust:
OK, about this AMAutomation.com ... I've been toying with the idea of signing up for this program, but I'm worried in case Big Google might take exception and end up banning the sites I use it for. Is it considered black hat? I thought about setting up a new site just to test it out, but that wouldn't help my existing sites.

Any views on this?
jeremyg
Trust:
My personal view is that article spinning should be implemented as part of an "overall" strategy. You shouldn't get banned for using a quality spinner but I, personally, would never use it as a sole source of content supply. The less you use spun content the better, but as always its a balance between quantity, quality, attractiveness to visitors and the ability to sell your affiliated product. Take all these things into account when having that final read. But as for being banned - if your content was original to start with - no it is very unlikely.

Jeremy G
wollowra
Trust:
wall69 wrote:
I know one thing, I'm so sick of writing about flippin' hemorrhoids!.......oh why didn't I pick something a bit more interesting? lol

Nicola x

LOL,
This is why I always tell people to first write about something they are interested in.
They learn alot while building their first site and all the other seo stuff you need to do.
But at least they can learn while still being interested in the subject matter.
After that, you should be able to speed things up for your second site, even if it's a less
interesting topic for you. Then the third you can outsource. rinse, repeat.. etc etc....

Think of this way, at least your helping some poor affiliate marketer with hemorrhoids who can not sit for long hours to build his first site...lol
You're providing a community service to the affiliate marketers who have hemorrhoids ...lol
he he, I am a PILE of laughs..
Get it, 'PILE'.. hmmm... think I will stick to Aff Marketing and not comedy..lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

sonitin
Trust:
hello Nicola,

My 2 cents here :)

This game is going to need a lot more of what you have just done else everybody out there would have been making thousand's of dollars a week. This model works, I can attest to that - but its a lot more work than just what it looks in face.

If it helps check the number of backlinks wowblackbook (the demo site in program) has

http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/se ... =seo-rd-se

compare that with your own site and do the same for your competitors, you'll know where you are lacking.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

helenw
Trust:
jeremyg wrote:My personal view is that article spinning should be implemented as part of an "overall" strategy. You shouldn't get banned for using a quality spinner but I, personally, would never use it as a sole source of content supply. The less you use spun content the better, but as always its a balance between quantity, quality, attractiveness to visitors and the ability to sell your affiliated product. Take all these things into account when having that final read. But as for being banned - if your content was original to start with - no it is very unlikely.

Jeremy G

Thanks Jeremy. That's about my own take too. I think I'll hold off a bit, and when I do try it I'll start with one of my older sites that doesn't perform so well any more and see what happens. Thanks for your help.
susb8383
Trust:
Also, here are a couple of things that aren't mentioned that often.

1. The SEs like pages that are formatted correctly. So go to an html checker tool like this one:
http://validator.w3.org/
and put in the url of each page. It will come back and list any html errors it finds. Fix them until you get 0 errors for each page.

2. Make sure that the bots have no trouble spidering your site. I recommend you get a Google accoun and use Webmaster tools to register your domain. I had a site that wasn't getting indexed for a few weeks. When I took this step, the webmaster tool showed me that it had spidering errors. This led me to find that I had a problem with my robots.txt file that was causing Google to skip all my pages.
PremiumMember
perswealth
Trust:
Hello susb8383

I am currently having problems getting my site indexed, and when i used http://validator.w3.org/, it showed 3 problems. but honestly, given that i'm a newbie, i couldn't make heads or tails as to what i need to do to fix them. what should i do?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Nicola, just give yourself more time. Three weeks is nothing. Jeremy has written down some great ideas, read his posts again if you're still unsure.

But I just realised this thread is pretty old. Perswealth, what do you mean by problems getting your site indexed? Have you started building links? Once you start this process google will come by naturally.

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

PremiumMember
perswealth
Trust:
Hey Sean,

Actually, it just got indexed so i'm cool ; ) Just took alittle while.

This topic was started on May 27, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.