Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

AMA Not Doing The Trick Anymore?

teresa fernandez
Trust:

AMA Not Doing The Trick Anymore?

hi all,

i started using the Article Marketing Automation service about five months ago. At first I had some really good results, many of the pages of my site where starting to either rank well for the targeted keywords or starting to show up on the "radar" and climbing up.

Then about three months ago my pages started to disappear from the rankings. Some of my pages manage to come back and rank for the keywords (all 4+ competition on Traffic Travis).

The thing is that I've been writing and submitting articles to AMA and the major article directories for new and previous keywords in the last two months but I've seen pretty much no results in terms of ranking and traffic.

I've noticed that most of my backlinks are coming from the same 10-20 blogs and sites from the AMA network, so I'm thinking that the link building efforts are having to effect because all the backlinks are coming from the same IP addresses.

What I'm thinking of doing now is stop publishing new articles on AMA and join SEO LinkVine so that the new incoming links to my sites come from different blogs (and IPs).

Has anyone had a similar situation? Do you guys think this is the correct approach?

I've been doing link building following Mark's AffilioBlue print for 5 months now and my site is simply not getting enough traffic - the most I've had is around 30 visits per day and Mark says we need at least 500 unique visits per day to start making money. I'm getting impatient!

I'd appreciated if someone can shed some light on this.

Best,

Gil
newstart
Trust:
AMA submits your articles to blog sites. Many of the sites that the articles are submitted to have a PR0. These sites are not crawled very often by the search engines. You can improve the spider bots crawl frequency by pinging the site posts where your articles are posted. This will cause Google along with other search engine bots to check out the website.

May I also suggest looking into "Unique Article Wizard". UAW submits your articles into hundreds of article directories. Another area to consider is "TheLinkJuicer". This service produces backlinks that are deep providing extra value.

Establishing lenses on Squidoo along with HubPages is often beneficial. It is a good practice to establish backlinks to these Squidoo pages that in turn link to your interior website pages.

I would also suggest you look into Matt Carter's SEO programs. His old program is "BackLink BluePrint". Another program that has been recently introduced is "SEO Experts Academy". Both of these programs are the products of Matt Carter. They both have excellent backlink creation techniques.

Margene

Also, you need to realize that new sites less than 6 months are not fully trusted by the search engines. As trust is built higher page results will occur. The other factor is that often the search engines will not report all the links that they have found for a particular site. It simply requires patience. Continue doing those things that create backlinks - your actions will build results that are profitable.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
You really need some variety in your link building methods. More and more, google is using social metrics in search, which means you need to be networking with other website owners in your niche through using social sites, as well as having social sharing options on your site such as bookmarking, fb like button, Google + sharing button, etc...

I would also do some blog guest posting and commenting as well as using other sites to get more links out there.

The wider the variety of links that you have, the better off you will be. low quality mass submission sites can still be benefitial to an extent, but you will have to do other things as well if you want to rely on search engine traffic.

Your best bet is to engage in things that will bring direct traffic to your site rather than wasting time hoping google will give you some traffic.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

teresa fernandez
Trust:
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your feedback and suggestions.

Margene, when you say "...pinging the site posts where your articles are posted." do you mean approving the Pingbacks that come in on Recent Pingabcks in the Wordpress dashboard? Or do you mean actually pinging the site with some tool?

I recently used one of those sites that spin and submit your articles to hundreds of article directories (some with good PR) and my articles were supposedly submitted to 220 article directories and blogs. But then it got me thinking if that was not considered "black hat" SEO practice?
Would there be any risk of using UAW to submit my articles into hundreds of article directories?

Thanks for the Mat Curtis suggestion, I´m actually subscribed to his newsletter and learning some tips from him.

Thanks James for the social media approach, I think I really need to start doing something on social media and other sources of traffic. I just realized that a about 30% of my current traffic has found my site through Facebook in the UK. I´m thinking of using WD4FB? Do you have any thoughts on that plugin?

I guess it´s also a patience thing, it takes time to gain Google´s trust.

Many thanks,

Gil
newstart
Trust:
I actually ping the other persons blog using pingomatic.com. I do this on sites that I know are not crawled often by spider bots. AMA does not provide these sites. I locate the websites by running a google search using phraseology that I commonly use that is distinct to my personal writing style.

AMA and UAW are the same except the articles are accessed by different sites. Your articles need to be well written. Poorly written articles will not have an acceptable acceptance rate.

Unique Article Wizard submissions are NOT "Black Hat SEO" methods. Unique Article Wizard submissions require the articles to be properly spun so that each article is unique. These articles allow you to place up to three anchor text links within the body of the article. UAW saves you on labor submission.

The Link Juicer is similar to the other two programs offering services to social networks. Once again this service requires the articles to be spun and well written.

The key in all of your backlink social 2.0 forums is to provide VALUE with your comments. I know first hand that if a comment is left that is not on topic and relevant to the forum or blog it will be deleted. One of my sites get 250 commenters daily. If the comments appear to be SPAM they are deleted without competely being read.

This business can be quite profitable. It is also very labor intensive. When your profits increase you should begin thinking about hiring VA's to do some of the menial time consuming tasks. SEO methods are required whether the website is in first position page one or page one hundred. The sooner you begin hiring VA's the earlier you will have free time to enjoy the money you are earning.

Margene
mack45
Trust:
I think the idea we can spin articles is not going to fly. There are many blogs on this now and Google has stopped ranking spun content. i tried using Linkvana. It cost a lot but I had good results and my sites started to rank. However I found the sites they post your articles are not what they claimed to be so I found a cheaper better way with Build My Rank. It is working good for me now.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

chris72
Trust:
OK - just jumping in here .... has anyone NOT seen this from Matt Cutts and altered their strategies accordingly?

http://youtu.be/x5xP-pTmlpY

If not, and if you haven't been hit by Panda yet, be prepared for a wake up call.

(OK lecture over )

:)
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

easyrider
Trust:
Since I saw that video a few months ago I have almost completely stopped doing ANY article marketing. The thing though is that Cutts suggests the way to go is to put great content up on your website and then people will come and naturally link to it. He obviously still believes in Santa Claus as well. For how will people link to a site that they can't find???
Greg

chris72
Trust:
Diversify - article market through syndication (the way that Forbes, CNN etc do) not 'spamdication' (like mass submitters do) and use your social networks properly.

You can still market with articles, just do it properly and stop gaming the system - that is what Cutts is trying to get people to do with the business that owns the platform that you rely on for your search results.

Chris
Kick-Butt Writing Services http://rachaelmcnaught.com

Outstanding Quality PLR Packs http://niche-plr-products.com

Learn to be a Digital Writer http://thedigitalwriter.net/

This topic was started on Nov 22, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.