Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Ageing of Domain

easyrider
Trust:

Ageing of Domain

When does a domain start ageing in Google's eyes - is it when it is created or when Google indexes at least one page on the domain? The reason I ask is that I have a plan of websites that I want to create in the future and thought that it may give me a bit of a head start (in terms of rankings) by creating the domains now and then building the websites 6 months to a year in the future.
Greg

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Greg,
In my opinion.. when it comes to ranking, and aged domain name may offer a tiny amount of value when it comes to rankings.
What is also important is how much trust the website has with the search engines.
If you just sit on a domain name for a year without putting any content up..then I do not think it would help.
However, putting some content up and sitting on it for a year until you decide what you want to do is much better than just registering it and not doing a thing with it.
Also here is a little nugget for ya.. "Register a domain for 2 years or more at a time" if you are really serious about building a site up.
:)
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

frankvue
Trust:
The answer from Google themselves: http://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleWebma ... pnpg00FWJY

Enjoy!
easyrider
Trust:
Thanks guys!
Greg

wollowra
Trust:
Wow, What Matt said was a part of what I said above...nice to know I was on the right track.
:)
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Jul 20, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.