Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

301 Redirect Link Building

darren.ackers
Trust:

301 Redirect Link Building

Hi

I want to build links for domain A which redirects to domain B. Domain B is a retail site that's hosted by the retailer, with this site I can change the text, create anchor links, change header etc.

Would it be ok for me to build links to domain A? What I don't want to do is build links to domain B just in case the retailer decides to change the url.
esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

You can build links to domain A and then to domain B for example, a page on domain A then has a contextual link back to B, but if you're just using 301 redirects, that won't hold up as a long term strategy, in fact, Google specifically says not to do that.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

cecille.l
Trust:
Hi darren.ackers,

It's better in the long run for you to market the Domain B site through your Domain A website. What you can do is keep Domain A and have it as your main site and from there, funnel the traffic to Domain B. You keep building links to your pages in Domain A which contain references to Domain B. You can't have all your pages in Domain A link back to Domain B as that would look suspicious to Google, but have some of your pages refer to that site. You also need to make sure that your article is related to the webpage in Domain B that you will be referring to. Or at least, make it related to Domain B's niche.

This would last you longer than building backlinks to Domain A's redirect pages to Domain B. But just the same, this method is frowned on by Google too.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

darren.ackers
Trust:
Thanks guys. So, when article marketing can I create anchor text for both urls within the article and resource box? Or should I make the article links focus on domain A?
yulia
Trust:
darren.ackers wrote:Thanks guys. So, when article marketing can I create anchor text for both urls within the article and resource box? Or should I make the article links focus on domain A?

I think you should build your traffic towards domain A in every way.
Domain A is your possible income from domain B but can be in couple of years from some other domain.
So what im saying here is -build up your A domain, so in the future you will be able to tunnel your traffic to any other domain that you want if lets say domain B is no longer an option.
If you just build up traffic to domain B , you will be left with nothing afterwords .
Yulia- Affiliate Manager
Direct Net Partners Cigarettes Affiliate Program | Get 50$ CPA
Faster approval for Affilorama members
Email: [email protected]

contactus1
Trust:
I think the strategy ive seen others deploy successfully is to gradually keep a small flow of links to the OLD url that you are 301'ing and building some links at the new pages.

This topic was started on Mar 08, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.