Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

$300 to Yahoo equals a nice PR of zero!

hammiesink
Trust:

$300 to Yahoo equals a nice PR of zero!

I'm not much of an analyzer (perhaps it's the reason my site is lackluster so far), but I fired up Traffic Travis today to get a look at my backlinks and guess what? The $299 I spent on Yahoo submission got my site placed on a nice, fat, PR0 page. It's on page two of a list of pages similar to mine, and the first page is 6 but the second page, where my site is, is 0.

Perhaps this is the reason my site is almost six months old and still of a 0 PR itself.

I'm sick of hearing about other people ranking well for their terms while I site squarely on the bottom of the index. I write good content, my website is a blog that is updated once every other day, and I've submitted a few articles to the article directories which promptly get picked up and put on shitty adsense sites. I try to follow Colin McDougall and SBI advice: build quality content and they will come.

I think I'm going to start buying text link ads on .edu sites.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Don't be so worried about pagerank. Your !Yahoo directory link is a trust link. Because you are in there it is giving you a lot of trust in Google's eyes which you don't see. Just concentrate on your site and not on the green bars. To add to that, yes if you want to get .edu links that is a good idea as well.

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I think you need to start being a little more positive. A link from yahoo is goodstuff, just like Adrian said.

What else are you doing to build your link popularity?
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

nerodea
Trust:
It's true my friend. Getting free natural traffic is hard to do. I felt a lot like you just a couple of weeks ago, but stick in there. My link popularity is starting to go up litttle by little every day in google. I also recieve natural traffic of of on average of 50 unique visitors per day.

I have been doing this SEO since October, and it's still pretty tough. Read my Thread SEO Fatigue. It's in the Marketing Zone section of this forum. This may help you out.

SEO is something that takes a lot of time and consistent work. Here is what I do every day.

1. Submit to at least 10 directories under my relevant category (PR 3 and Up).

2. Exchange links with at least 10 sites that are relevant to my site per day. Try to Automate this process it makes it much faster. I use Link Manager for my site automation and link exchanges, link metro and link market to find sites for other link exchanges.

3. Submit to 5 forums per day. Sign Up for about 10 to start with and alternate your responses every other day.

I am still working on article submissions, and plan on making this the next step in my SEO efforts. So far all this takes me around 2 hours a day to do, but it is starting to bring me in free traffic.

Be patient. This stuff seems to be working. If you want more immediate results however. Look into Pay Per Click and E-zines that are relevant to your web site. Opt-In traffic through my newsletters always converts better for me than just random traffic that comes in.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
nerodea wrote:It's true my friend. Getting free natural traffic is hard to do. I felt a lot like you just a couple of weeks ago, but stick in there. My link popularity is starting to go up litttle by little every day in google. I also recieve natural traffic of of on average of 50 unique visitors per day.

I have been doing this SEO since October, and it's still pretty tough. Read my Thread SEO Fatigue. It's in the Marketing Zone section of this forum. This may help you out.

SEO is something that takes a lot of time and consistent work. Here is what I do every day.

1. Submit to at least 10 directories under my relevant category (PR 3 and Up).

2. Exchange links with at least 10 sites that are relevant to my site per day. Try to Automate this process it makes it much faster. I use Link Manager for my site automation and link exchanges, link metro and link market to find sites for other link exchanges.

3. Submit to 5 forums per day. Sign Up for about 10 to start with and alternate your responses every other day.

I am still working on article submissions, and plan on making this the next step in my SEO efforts. So far all this takes me around 2 hours a day to do, but it is starting to bring me in free traffic.

Be patient. This stuff seems to be working. If you want more immediate results however. Look into Pay Per Click and E-zines that are relevant to your web site. Opt-In traffic through my newsletters always converts better for me than just random traffic that comes in.

Nice post nerodea... just stick with it... work patiently and just focus on making your site the biggest and best it can be... then after a year you are good to go!

Adrian,
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
SEO is definitely hard at the start. You put all that work in for nothing, it seems.

But like the others have said, be patient, picture in your mind what it will be like when you're number one on google and doing really well.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

superaff
Trust:
You need to be patient. SEO is not a matter of days, but months... It does work.
Did you see the amazing case studies on my blog http://mynetmarketingland.com/blog1/
Affiloblueprint Bonus: http://www.mynetmarketingland.com/mark-ling/affiloblueprint.html