Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

1st page google, then it nowhere to be seen

g1akhtar
Trust:

1st page google, then it nowhere to be seen

I cant believe this is happening,

Hi there i was working really hard to get my site on front page google for its keyword, then it reached there for that position and ranked number 2.

I was happy and delighted it was there for a couple of days and getting abit of traffic.
NOW it not even in the top 50 with tt3, i done the search manually and cant see it nowhere.

The site is still indexed and not sandboxed, i spoke to my backlining providers and they notified
saying someone has blocked the site.

How can some people be that nasty and do things like that, that is totally wrong.

is there any way people can give me some advice what could has happend............
and how to resolve this.................

as i am only going on the providers words there could has been some

thanks
ruthm708
Trust:
Hi - you didn't mention how old your website is. There is a mythical "honeymoon period" that webmasters say Google gives new websites to see how the masses react to it. It seems to last a very short period of time, e.g. a few weeks at best. Then, it appears Google relegates the site back to where you would expect a new website to be, to see if you are just a flash in the pan, or if you are in it for the long haul. And curious how can your backlink providers tell if the site has been blocked? Unless Google has written to you and told you that they have indeed placed some type of filter, or if you can' find your site when you search for snippets of text or doing a site:http://www.mysite.com search, you are probably not de-indexed.

How to deal with this? Consistency. Continue building quality backlinks from a variety of sources.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
This is probably what we like to call the Google Dance. It can last anywhere from 6 months up to a full year with a new site before you will become really stable in the rankings. even then, with changes in Google's algorithm, it may be some of those changes that are going on.

Best thing I ever did for SEO was to QUIT

Stop wasting time ttrying to please Google, and focus on finding customers in your niche. I do this through Social networks, forums etc... if you create a site FOR the customers and you get out there in front of them, GOogle will take notice.

Now days, Google is taking social metrics into account when ranking pages. Number of FB likes, Google Plus Shares, tweets, and other social sharing metrics will play a big part in how your site ranks.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

g1akhtar
Trust:
This is insane, i dont know if i should laugh or cry................

My site is about 4 month old, and im just going on the words of my provider.
If this is not the correct thing to do why is AB teaching this, i dont get it really i get mix messages and dont know what the next step is.

Things just seem to go nowhere with this hehe and just facing some problem after probelm.
We will see what the next step is
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
WEll for one thing, the AB program is about 3 years old and a lot has changed in that time. Mark is in the process of redoing the course to update it, but it takes time to do all of that. also, about 90% of what you will hear about SEO is guesswork based on personal experience. Nobody actually knows exactly what Google wants. all we have is pieces of the puzzle.

The basics that they want they are pretty open about, but they won't give away the full puzzle. Basically, they want websites that create a great user experience. Most affialiate sites fail on this, because most affiliates care more about making a sale and maximizing conversions than on helping the customers solve a problem.

Last I heard, they have over 200 factors that they look at when ranking a web page. nobody knows what those 200 factors are, all we can do is guess based off of what we see, and what little bit google decides to tell us. So, you will hear a lot of theories, but always keep in mind that all you see and hear about seo is OPINION and not FACT.

IF your site is about 4 months old, this is probably just the Google Dance. Just keep adding more fresh content and building links to it. Try doing some social sharing to get people directly to your site. either social networking sites or perhaps write a few guest posts for popular blogs within your niche. Guest posting is one of the best things you can do right now. there are major "SEO benefits if you get them on the right blogs, and you can also get a lot of direct traffic to your site. however, it only works if you actually know your niche.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

I don't know what "someone has blocked your site" means. You need to find out more about that as right now it sounds like an excuse or worse, something that they made up because they don't actually know what is going on.

You need to realize that SEO is long term. It will go up and down. If you create a quality, engaging site with a considerable amount of good content and visitor pleasing features AND continue building links and in general getting your site spread around the web via social media, etc............

Your rankings will go up in time.

4 months is a very young site, so just keep at it.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

cecille.l
Trust:
g1akhtar wrote:I cant believe this is happening,

Hi there i was working really hard to get my site on front page google for its keyword, then it reached there for that position and ranked number 2.

I was happy and delighted it was there for a couple of days and getting abit of traffic.
NOW it not even in the top 50 with tt3, i done the search manually and cant see it nowhere.

The site is still indexed and not sandboxed, i spoke to my backlining providers and they notified
saying someone has blocked the site.

How can some people be that nasty and do things like that, that is totally wrong.

is there any way people can give me some advice what could has happend............
and how to resolve this.................

as i am only going on the providers words there could has been some

thanks

As other members have mentioned this is most likely just "Google Dance". All websites that are relatively new (usually those below 6 months of being put up) go through this. Google is still trying to gauge your site's relevance for the keywords you're trying to rank for. You will see your site's rank go up and down for the next few months. Eventually, your rank will stabilize.

I do not understand what you mean by your provider said someone blocked your site. Are you saying your webhost told you someone blocked your site? What do you mean by blocked? Are you unable to see it on the SERPs?
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Dec 18, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.