Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Article marketing - No credit from sites

gene0
Trust:

Article marketing - No credit from sites

Hi, I have been using isnare to distribute my articles as well as posting them on ezinearticles.

First question (scum) I have found two website that routinely posts my articles and many others without giving credit or links. I have emailed them to know avail. Is it worth prosuing this or am i just wasting my energy. The part that really bugs me is one of the sites gets the top result from google for my article.

Here are links to the offending sites. If you distribute articles you may find yours there geneticredundancy.blogspot.com
chosenschool.com

Second, the page I have been targeting started showing up in the second page of google results for my keywords. I was very excited as I started geting some decent traffic. Then the page stop comming up at all for the keywords. It is still listed in google. I am wondering what happened and what should I do.

Thank you
Gene-0 bruteforcestudyguide.com "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Discworld

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Ezinearticles gives you the option to report violators I think? So does Isnare if i'm not mistaken.
gene0
Trust:
adrian wrote:Ezinearticles gives you the option to report violators I think? So does Isnare if i'm not mistaken.

Thanks I will look into reporting them.

Gene
Gene-0 bruteforcestudyguide.com "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett, Discworld

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Try talking to the article directory, but for the amount of effort it would take to pursue this through any other means... it's not really worth it. If it makes you feel better you can imagine that they're incurring all sorts of bad web karma, and it'll come back to bite them eventually :)

Secondly... your page will go up and down in the search engines depending on Google's algorithms. If you haven't made any significant changes then maybe your site tickled the bots the first time around, but then fell ever so slightly beneath a particular threshold the second time around... who knows. Watching your site go up and down in Google and trying to figure out the reasoning behind it is all part of the fun (and frustration). Just keep at it.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about guys like that. I've had my articles posted elsewhere before too and nothing major is going to happen because of it.

You would be much better off spending your time doing something productive than worrying about all the idiots out there.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

gene0
Trust:
Thanks for all the feedback. I reported them to isnare and ezinearticles but I will let it go now. I will keep plugging along with link building and tweak my pages a bit hopefully the one page will start showing up in google again.

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Sounds good.
www.SixDayWeekend.com

ajmcclary
Trust:
If you use article submission software for your distribution, sometimes your "about the author" section maybe cut off, or HTML links might be converted to plain text. I know this by experience. You could have easily submitted to a directory that allows for free reprint rights and accidentally submitted it in plain text or without your link.

I've done it before and I've seen many authors do the same exact thing-- whenever you submit to 1,000+ directories, it's hard to make sure everything is 100% perfect. If I ever use a free reprint article in a newsletter or a website, I always try and look up at least two other sources that have the same content and see what the reciprocal link is.
A.J. McClary www.whirledvisions.com

gene0
Trust:
Thanks A.J.

I wanted to give an update on my search engine traffic I hope it may be able to help others.

:D My Google and yahoo traffic are back up again and I am hitting on many targeted keywords. I made a few changes.

First I canceled onewaylinks.com it did not help and I believe I may have been panelized for using it.

Second I hid my affiliate links. I think I may have gotten the "bad neighborhood" penalty. I now have the links point to pages in a NO INDEX directory and then had that page redirect to the affiliate.

I added outgoing links to relevant edu domains that should be of use to my visitors.

I am also slightly profitable. My web site can now buy me breakfast. Cheap breakfast that is
. :lol:

Gene-0

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Good to hear that :)
www.SixDayWeekend.com