Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Wordtracker - What do I use it for? What info does it give?

ichiban
Trust:

Wordtracker - What do I use it for? What info does it give?

Hi everyone,

Just joined affilorama recently and hv been watching all the videos. I'm writing to you'll from Vancouver Canada. These videos are really helpful because I'm a visual learner. I'm looking forward to where this course will take me.

I just finished watching (and re-watching) the sections till choosing a market. I'm on a budget so I've opted to make a site and promote it with adsense.

I've watched the videos on finding a profitable market and I found a market that was paying well ( $3.00 on overture) and has more than 100000 searches on inventory overture. My question is where does wordtracker fit into this? What information will wordtracker give me to help me find a good market. :?:

Also in one of the videos, Mark uses 'pies' as an example. Isn't that too broad of a topic and shouldn't you use atleast 2 words :?:

I really want to do it right the first time, thanks for reading

Ajay :arrow:
lunatunes
Trust:
Hi Ajay,
Even though the topic was pies that may not be the keyword that is used
for optimization. If I remember right he was using the word pie recipes
quite a bit in the video. The site may be about pies but other keywords you might
use may be pie recipes, cream pies, pies on a budget ect. Thats where
wordtracker comes in. Not only to find a good market (which is what you
already did with overture) wordtracker just give a lot more features, but also
to find those keywords within your main topic.

Randy
ichiban
Trust:
I see, I understand now
thx luna

Ajay :lol:
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Ichiban wrote:Hi everyone,

Just joined affilorama recently and hv been watching all the videos. I'm writing to you'll from Vancouver Canada. These videos are really helpful because I'm a visual learner. I'm looking forward to where this course will take me.

I just finished watching (and re-watching) the sections till choosing a market. I'm on a budget so I've opted to make a site and promote it with adsense.

I've watched the videos on finding a profitable market and I found a market that was paying well ( $3.00 on overture) and has more than 100000 searches on inventory overture. My question is where does wordtracker fit into this? What information will wordtracker give me to help me find a good market. :?:

Also in one of the videos, Mark uses 'pies' as an example. Isn't that too broad of a topic and shouldn't you use atleast 2 words :?:

I really want to do it right the first time, thanks for reading

Ajay :arrow:

Hi Ichiban and welcome!

It's good to see you are watching all of the videos and taking your time - that's the right way to start. As for your questions, wordtracker is used to help research very specific keywords and search counts including the plurals of words. Mark was using the example of pies to determine the overall market. It's best to start with a very broad word then work your way down from there.

Adrian,