Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Search Volume on chosen keywords

PremiumMember
ormarket
Trust:

Search Volume on chosen keywords

Hi Mark.
I just bought your affiliate blueprint and after 2 videos - It's great course. i am learning a lot. Thanks.

I have one question.
I need to find 30 keywords that has a search volume of 1500 + .
How to refer to the competition?
Do i need to find only keywords without competition at all? or competitive keywords (on google KT) are fine?

Thank you,
Waiting for your reply
Or
jasondodd
Trust:
Keyword competition is a bit of a two-edged sword - lots of competition means theres money being made in that niche but it also means it'll be harder to rank for that word or phrase.

The guideline provided in the AB course is find 'three word' keyword phrases which have a search volume of 1500 or greater.

I'd also recommend you review the bonus lesson 5 on Week 1 which discusses the dark side of kw research - analysis paralysis :0
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

cashpro2011
Trust:
Hi Or,

I think this a great question.

Competition is a metric, but I believe competition with optimization should be the focus. I have found that in even highly competitive markets, they are not optimizing their site for relevancy. Relevancy will give you high google listings.

You will gain relevancy thru a soft backlinking approach taught in the blueprint.

In my personal experience, low competition kws have not worked for me with the exception of domain name variations & product names.

Hope this helps.

CashPro
"In this business you will SELL or be SOLD. Take your pick!"
- CASHPRO

PremiumMember
ormarket
Trust:
Hi CASHPRO,
Thank you for your reply. It was very helpful.

Correct me if I wrong,
According to your post, i need to search keywords that has a medium competition and than, i should use the backlinking technique?

If I found a keyword that has 300 - 450 websites (when I searched - allintitle:{keyword} )
It's good?? It's bad??
What is a reasonable competition foe a new affiliate?

Thank you...
Or
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
dont wory about competition at this stage, or you wont get anywhere, just get 3 word keyword with 1500+ search in google and start writing articles. the best thing you can do is just do something, you can always tweak your articles later if you arent getting rankings
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

cashpro2011
Trust:
I agree with jmpruitt

Cashpro
"In this business you will SELL or be SOLD. Take your pick!"
- CASHPRO

PremiumMember
ormarket
Trust:
Thanks guys...
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I actually found a lot of newbies were making the mistake of getting stuck on keyword competition (so much so that I actually created a bonus lesson for Week 1 of the AffiloBlueprint course dealing with it).

As I mentioned to the students, you're better off having a site with less than ideal keywords than no site at all. Actually we've just released a new version of Traffic Travis that analyzes the top ten sites for SEO so you can see what they're doing well and what you can beat them on.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Jul 02, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.