Joined: 09 Sep 06
05 Jan 10 6:09 pm
First, you are not obliged to buy all the clickbank products you are going to promote. You can ask the owner to give you access to the product (if your site is decent and up and running, most of the time the owner will send it to you for free).
Secondly, if there is a high refund rate, the product will not have a high gravity because affiliate will not waste their time promoting the product.
In fact, there is a way to "guess" the refund rate on any given product.
Here is how to do it:
1. Look at the product's price
2. Look at the commission (in %age)
3. Calculate the commission earned
4. Now, look at the dollar per sale
5. If there is a gap between the number you found in point #3 and the $ per sale, this may be an indicator that there is a lot of refunds.
Anyway, as I said above, if there are many refunds, affiliate will stop promoting it.
Plus you can also read some reviews about the products, but make sure to read between the line, because there are not that many real legitimate reviews out there...
All the best,