Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Other ways to see if a keyword is profitable

phmegacorp
Posts: 42
Joined: 04 Dec 09
Trust:

Other ways to see if a keyword is profitable

Ive watched and read the video lessons, i am wondering if there are more ways to see if there is money to be made with a particular keyword? The only one i got was competition= a healthy market. So if there are sites paying google to advertise it is a good sign, but what are other signs to look for?
  • 0
PremiumMember
gradyp
Posts: 1062
Joined: 28 Jun 09
Trust:
PHMegacorp,

Another easy thing to check is to head over to Amazon.com and take a look for books in your niche. If you can find several books in the niche and if some of those have a good number of comments, then that's another good sign.

Grady
  • 0
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends
 
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Posts: 4723
Joined: 19 Jun 09
Trust:
for specific keywords, check the google search like you said. Honestly, it is the easiest way to see if others are making money. You can also check this with TT under PPC analysis
  • 0
Your Focus Determines Your Reality
 
jasondodd
Posts: 874
Joined: 08 Feb 09
Trust:
You might have already come across this method but if youre looking for profitable PPC keywords (keywords you can make money on from AdWords) use the PPC Analysis in Traffic Travis.

Run a report on a keyword phrase then run it again 2 weeks later (for best results try a month). If the number of changed advertisers is zero it means the advertisers who were showing up when you first ran the report are still working those same keywords - and obviously making money from them.
  • 0
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium
 
phmegacorp
Posts: 42
Joined: 04 Dec 09
Trust:
hi Jason, I have a question. how exactly may I use the information of TT PPC analyzer? what do "ads found" and "changed advetisers" mean exactly. for example, i typed in "shoes" and 8 ads and changed ads came up. what does that mean? much thanks!
  • 0
PremiumMember
rsmb99
Posts: 23
Joined: 21 Nov 09
Trust:
Jason,

Are keywords that are profitable for PPC, profitable for organic SEO also? In other word are they good ones for optimizing my site pages for.

regards
Sasikumar R
  • 0
Sasikumar R Nair
 
PremiumMember
sonelt
Posts: 25
Joined: 31 Oct 09
Trust:
Hey Guys,
rsmb99, A good rule of thumb is that the top 3 organic listing get 60% of the traffic on that page and the top 3 ppc ads get the other 40% of the traffic, so if you fallow a ppc ad for a couple of weeks and it is sill at the top, someone is paying and making money on that ad!

Get to the top of the organic listing for a profitable key word and you can make way more money than that ppc ad.
  • 0
Free marketing help http://www.bummarketingmethod.com/ProjectMom.html

Get the best email auto-responder in the biz, http://aweber.com/?346876 . Get a trial offer 30 days for a dollar.
 

This topic was started on Jan 10, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.