Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Not sure about Google analytics

mark schaaf
Trust:

Not sure about Google analytics

I look at my google analytics every day and see something I don't understand and let me explain. When I was on page 15 of google and page 4 of yahoo I only got hits from yahoo probably because who goes all the way back to page 15, I went to page 1 of yahoo and about 8 of google and the same thing I got so many more hits on yahoo then google it wasn't funny. However now I am on page 1 for both yahoo and google for many keyword strings but all of a sudden I have been showing no traffic from yahoo at all and everything from google. This makes me not trust google analytics, why wouldn't I still get traffic from yahoo when I got so much more from them then google when I was no where near page 1 on google. I don't think all of a sudden people have left yahoo to only do searches on google so this doesn't make sense to me. Has anyone else noticed this happening. Thanks Mark
Mark

leuryp
Trust:
I personally never had this issue , at least that I am aware of. I have stopped using Google Analytics to try out a different statistics service. I would suggest StatCounter as an alternative to Googel Analytics. See how it goes and decide which one you like and provides you with the results you are looking for .

Sorry for not being of much help , just though it wouldn't be a bad idea to give you my opinion.
yulia
Trust:
Well this weird indeed.

If you did started using a new tracking system , please update .
Yulia- Affiliate Manager
Direct Net Partners Cigarettes Affiliate Program | Get 50$ CPA
Faster approval for Affilorama members
Email: [email protected]

sibz.solutions
Trust:
You can Use statcounter alongwith Google Analytics. Compare their results to conclude which is better. Hope that helps!

Regards,
SibzSolutions.com
*Link removed by moderator*
anil
Trust:
mark schaaf wrote:I look at my google analytics every day and see something I don't understand and let me explain. When I was on page 15 of google and page 4 of yahoo I only got hits from yahoo probably because who goes all the way back to page 15, I went to page 1 of yahoo and about 8 of google and the same thing I got so many more hits on yahoo then google it wasn't funny. However now I am on page 1 for both yahoo and google for many keyword strings but all of a sudden I have been showing no traffic from yahoo at all and everything from google. This makes me not trust google analytics, why wouldn't I still get traffic from yahoo when I got so much more from them then google when I was no where near page 1 on google. I don't think all of a sudden people have left yahoo to only do searches on google so this doesn't make sense to me. Has anyone else noticed this happening. Thanks Mark

Maybe its an extreme seasonal keyword? When you were getting traffic it was 'high season' and now the keyword is in 'low season'.

This topic was started on Jun 02, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.