Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Market Research on Muscle Building Niche

jabshire
Trust:

Market Research on Muscle Building Niche

I have chosen to go into the muscle building niche and for the life of me I just can't pin down a unique angle to get started. I completely understand the concept of targeting a sub niche of a broader topic. The dog training niche is used a lot in examples to explain this because there are some many sub niches.

I've seen a few example of some people saying that "get six pack abs" would be a sub niche in the muscle building niche. I just don't see it. I have researched over 50 keywords using google adwords tool and trafic travis and many of them have a 4 star rating and seem good enough to go ahead with but to me....none of them really seem like they are targeting any particular sub niche.

I guess I just need a little advice to help clear all of this up. Ive been agonizing over this because I just want to get started but I also want to get started in the right direction for this niche.

Also, does everyone of your keywords have to have a particular "theme" or follow a particular sub-niche? I just don't see how I could target 30 keywords and write 30 article all relating to a "get six pack abs" sub niche.

Any help at all would be greaty appreciated

Jason
Jason Abshire

sonitin
Trust:
I have been in this niche for good and a lot of angles have already been covered. However, getting a six pack abs isn't as bad as you are thinking it to be. If you look at the top sites in that niche then they have hundreds of articles. Importantly you have one of the highest selling product in that niche. If you have got some solid information in that area then just go and do it :)
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Think about specific groups of people who want your information. the reason dog training is used so much is because there are so many breeds, and people want to know about their breed of dog.

in the muscle building niche, (not having done any research, just off th top off my head) who would need muscle building? college athletes, (football players, basketball players, baseball players, track and field, gymnasts, cheerleaders, each one could be its own sub niche) who else would want to build muscles? also look at gender specific. gender specific sites do really well. you could do older men trying to relive the good old days and get back in shape,

the point behind the subniche is to find the perfect idea of who your perfect customer for the site would be. then get inside their head, and figure out what they would be searching for if they had a problem that they needed solved.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

newstart
Trust:
There are multiple products available in your generalized niche category. Each of the products has a particular strength. Use the products determine their strength areas then determine "buyer keywords" that would apply for the products you have chosen to rep.

As James stated the general muscle building niche has quite a few sub-niche categories. You should be able to write hundreds of articles before you exhaust all your possible options. Even then an article providing additional information on a sub-niche category is often beneficial to your visitors. Over time your website can become an authority site covering several aspects of the general niche "muscle building."

Margene
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you can also look at different workout techniques, target body areas, etc... getting flatter abs would be a subniche of the musclebuilding niche. so would losing man boobs etc..

also, workout types. I worked on a site on using dumbbells, and all dumbbell exercise routines. you could do weight lifting, cardio, dumbbells, resistance training, free weights, and other exercise equipment types.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

cecille.l
Trust:
This all boils down to market research and knowing the niche you're entering. Start with general facts so you can narrow down a sub-niche you are interested in. Muscle building is mostly for men. What group of men do you wish to target? There are those athletic men who need to maintain their builds, there are men who are thin and want to gain mass, there are middle-aged men who want to get back in shape. How about obese men who need to lose weight? Aside from a diet plan, they need a work out routine too.

These are all different people with different needs BUT they all need to work out. The same exercise routines will apply to most of them. So choose one group and build your site around the group, putting up articles with focus on them. You'll find that most of the keywords these groups will use on their search are relatively the same. It's your articles and who your site will be fore in general that will make the difference.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

This topic was started on Aug 13, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.