Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Low search volumes for "product name review" keywords

paulie69
Trust:

Low search volumes for "product name review" keywords

Hi everyone :)

Can anyone please help me with a couple of problems I'm having re keyword research? I hope the following makes sense because I REALLY am confused! :)

Mark and Fara have both written that (as per AB) for a given site we should concentrate on 25 "normal" keywords and an extra 5 keywords in the form of "product name review" or "author name review eg "fred smith's doggy tails review", all with a minimum 1500 searches per month and >=3 words per keyphrase. My questions are:

1. I have looked at various Clickbank products and have found several that I'm interested in with gravity of >= 70. But when I use Traffic Travis to do a search for "xxxxxxx review" I keep finding there are often few (sometimes no) monthly searches directly related to the specific keyphrase. So I'm very confused. How can we market a CB product which by all accounts has good gravity but for which we somehow get poor (or no) monthly search results for? It's not possible sometimes to get a large number of good products to choose from related to the same niche in CB so that seems to mean ruling out a niche which otherwise sounds great. It seems that when searching on "product name review" that more often than not there would be relatively few searches. Is this correct?

2. I'm assuming that the "product name review" or "author name review" keywords should be referenced (linked-to) in the other 25 articles as relevant, not just on their own individual page is that correct? And from those 25 articles, each article doesn't directly target a product itself but is just informative and "pointing the reader to the product". Is that correct also?

3. I've also noticed in the TT Keyword Research tutorial on this site that it says keywords >= 5000 per day (=150 000 per month) equals a "healthy" market. This directly implies that the aforementioned minimum of 1500 searches per month in Google is deficient. It just seems a bit contradictory, can anyone please clarify this as there is a heck of a lot of difference between 150 000 searches per month and 15000 searches per month!

Sorry for the long post... Thanks to you all and hoping someone can help :)
Paul.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Paul,

Yes the blueprint says that you should get at least 25 normal keywords and 5 "product name review" keywords. Each of these keywords will have its own article/page on your site, so when your site is done you should have a total of 30 pages.

Yes it is recommended that you should choose a longtail keyword with at least 3 words in it. These keywords should at least be receiving about 1500 searches per month. This is for the 25 normal keywords. As for the 5 "product name review" keywords, they do not need to meet the 1500 searches per month requirement as they will usually have no data in google. There is no data in google because big G only sees a small search volume and decides that it is too small to be considered as a search volume result. However, even when there is no data in google it doesn't mean that no one is searching in google for the "product name review" keywords. As Mark pointed out, these keywords will have low search volume but will convert at least 10 times more than the normal keywords. And the reason behind this is that the person using the "product name review" keyword to search in google has already heard about the product and is considering of purchasing. They are only needing a few more positive reviews on it to convince themselves that they are making an informed decision in buying the product.

As for your question #2. The 25 articles which will be on their own pages should be written to target the keyword you have chosen. So if you are in the weight loss market and one of your keywords is "lose weight after pregnancy" then that keyword phrase should be what the article is about. It should also be within the title of the article. And yes it will be suggesting a product that helps women lose weight after pregnancy.

The 5 "product name review" keywords will have their own articles and will be pointing the reader to the product itself. For example, I am promoting a World of Warcraft Gold Guide and I chose The Gold Secrets Guide, then I will have a product review written about this guide and will give the article the title "Gold Secrets Review". This title is the keyword as well and should at least be placed within the article at least at 1% density. Just make sure the article flows naturally. If the1% keyword density will not maintain the article natural flow, then I suggest to just have the keyword appear at least 2 times within the article. Once within the 1st 50 words of the article and the other within the closing paragraph.

As for your question #3, I don;t know the answer. I don't use the TT Keyword Research tutorial. I just follow the blueprint.
I hope this clears it for you. If you still need to clarify some things just post here in the forum.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

paulie69
Trust:
Hey Renato,

Thanks VERY much for your help I really appreciate it!! :) What you say make a lot of sense. I'm still confused about the minimum 1500 monthly search volume pertaining to the 5 "product name review" keyphrases though because I previously read the following on the forum:

Fara (staff member) replied on (July 22) to "JimmyTing" re his post "How many keywords should I start with?". She said, "What you need is 25 "normal" keywords with 3 or more words and at least 1500 searches in Google plus another 5 keywords in the form of "product name review" or "author name review" with THE SAME MINIMUM SEARCH VOLUME {my emphasis}. If those keywords that you have now meet the criteria above, then you are definitely alright."

This seems contradictory to what you are saying - I can certainly see a lot of sense in what you are saying though Renato given my own limited experience with not getting "adequate" search volume (1500?) for "product name review" keyhrases - but I'm very confused given Fara's answer. Can you or anyone please elaborate re this?

Thanks again for your help, it's MUCH appreciated! :)
Regards, Paul.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Paul,

I am going out on a limb here and say that maybe what Fara meant was if you can get "product name review" or "author name review" keywords that meet the minimum search requirements then it would be good. As far as I remember, Mark said in one of the videos that the "product name review" and "author name review" keywords usually have low search volume, but does convert 10 times more than the normal keywords.

Fara, can you please clarify this? Thanks.

Regards,
Renato

paulie69
Trust:
Hi Renato,

Thanks again!
Hopefully one day I can help you out and return the favour but I think it will be a while until I'm ready to offer good advice, myself! :)

Bye for now,
Paul.
faradina
Trust:
Hi Paul!

Renato is right on the money there. Product name review and author name review types of keywords can have low search volumes and if you can find keywords of that type that have search volumes of 1500 and above, then it would be really great!
jpastorizo
Trust:
Thanks Fara for clarifying this. Paul needs some guidance, so I guess he is all set!

Regards,
Renato

paulie69
Trust:
ahhhhh... Excellent!! :) I'm so happy for your help, guys, thanks VERY MUCH for the great advice, Renato and Fara! :) Hopefully soon I can start making more meaningful contributions to the forum myself!

Kind regards
Paul.
geoffjackson
Trust:
Asking questions is helpful too as well! People who are looking for this kind of info in future will already have the answer :)

This topic was started on Aug 09, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.