Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Keywords - should I stick to the three word rule?

mack45
Trust:

Keywords - should I stick to the three word rule?

Hi I have watched all the videos in the first week of the premium program and I am still having issues with the keywords. What I have run into is the fact that the products I am promoting have a limited use and not a lot of searches. That said I think the people that are searching are going to be ready to buy.
I am wondering if I should not pay much attention to the three word rule for key words because they have very low search volume. I really want to use a lot of them with under five hundred search volume because of the ready to buy idea mentioned in the video. I have had some practice and have a few web sites on google page one.
I guess what I want to know is how close to the course do I have to stay, the three word rule would put me in a very low traffic zone. I think with the skills and tools I can out perform a lot of higher competition keyword users even without using Marks skills that I have not yet learned.
I want to do a page in this campaign website to affiliate Affilorama courses does anyone know if this a good program!!! That and because the target market is mainly affiliate marketers.
Last edited by michellerana on 01 Dec 09 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe post better

Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

realwombat
Trust:
I have always battled with same problem. Lately I have started to think the niches I look at in a different way. Instead of concentrating on super-duper-microniches, I choose a wide market where I know people are making money, then find a sub-niche within it (not a micro one).

E.g. Weight loss -> Weight loss for women -> Weight loss after baby (this is where I stop)

You COULD go further, but then the niche becomes too narrow, and searches, traffic, of clicks (e.g. Weight loss after baby for older mothers of asian origin).

Cheers,
Markus
Character is what is left when Charisma is all used up
You are hosting with WHO? Make the http://righthostchoice.com

mack45
Trust:
Hi I could do that but I would have to give up the six or more hours I have already done. Then the weight loss is done to by everyone. Then i think if you go to micro their is no click bank product I still agree that I have to start with the course criteria and start at click bank. I just need the five review keywords and can only find three but that should be a good thing because I could write them or get them written. I am hoping their not there because the products are newer. I am quite sure the magic article writers and such has a good chance for profit. The profit per sale is not huge but the gravity is over 100 on all three items. It only looks really though if you look at the affiliate type key words. Thanks Marcus any further thoughts could only help. I really do not look at this as a micro niche so much as a newer one.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

jcdean
Trust:
I am new to seo but....

What ever the key word long tail or not, I would use Traffic Travis to guess the ease of ranking. I would also use my gut feelings about what allready comes up on page one, and judge weather you can do a better site.
Respect,
JC Dean

This topic was started on Dec 01, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.