Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

keyword research and niche marketing 2.0

extubby
Trust:

keyword research and niche marketing 2.0

Hi. I watched and listened to the Niche Marketing 2.0 webinar today and although useful it confused me somewhat with regard to how to approach keyword research. They seemed to have a different slant; at least 1000+ monthly searches (as with the Blueprint) but then also relatively low SE results, (not necesssarily the Blueprint.) I know to stick to the Blueprint but this just confused me a little and I would just like someone please to set this straight for me as O prepare a 30 page website. Thanks.
Ken
fairlinks
Trust:
The webinar has some very valuable information. Agreed. But, having taken AB as a last resort to gain in IM, I got discouraged by listening to it. I don't understand , why one should be tempted to think about yet another class or course on the same topic, when anticipating something really positive following Mark/ AB. I think the need of the hour is how to tackle the big G's slap on review sites, which Mark promised to do by Wednesday..
Raj
PremiumMember
avidpoet
Trust:
Marks approach is a solid one not saying that the way others do their research isnt. With AB you are building a 30 page site with each page targeting a keyword. You'll find that some pages/keywords will not convert at all while other pages/keywords will. I think Mark mention on his WOW site that one page that had the least results after his keyword research had the most sales.

If you finally get your AB site operational alot of times you can use Google Analytics to find out which keywords are triggering which page so it will always be an updating site. If you find a totally diffrent keyword that you dont have on your site create a new page for it. Mark uses a shotgun approact with Keyword Research some will stick some wont but the point is to just get some pages out there and see which ones are being searched for and use Analytics to find potentially new keywords that you can add to your site.
extubby
Trust:
Thanks. That advice helps a lot. One other thing that worries me is that the kind of thing one might type into Google doesn't necessarily make for the best page title. How does one get around that?
Ken
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
There are definitely different approaches around to keyword research and I'd be the first to say that the AB is not the absolute only way to do it, but I like to share it because its worked for me and it keeps thing simple when youre just getting started.

Your page title doesnt need to have the phrase in the exact same order, just as long as the words are there - always make sure it sounds natural - Googles LSI algorithms can work it out.

@raj I'm currently working on getting something out soon - I just have been a little under the weather lately but stay tuned!
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

extubby
Trust:
Hi Mark and many thanks for the feedback which helps a lot. Hope you are feeling better soon
Ken
pockets
Trust:
Hi everyone, I've been through the first 2 weeks of AffilioBlueprint2 videos. This question is related to the question here. I do have experience using tools such as market samurai etc so I was wondering mark, what sort of competition results would be a good idea to look out for:

e.g phrase search "your keyword" < 100,000? etc

I know in the blueprint that you say to just stick with search volume and not to worry about the competing pages but my main aim is to do further research and seriously increase my chances of having several profiting keywords from my 30 keyword list.

What I'm considering at the moment is 2000 or so searches per month with less that 50,000 phrase search competition?

Thanks for any advice!
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
When it comes to keyword research you have to keep in mind there are different types of traffic you will be targeting and they will have different search volumes.

At the top of the traffic pyramid are buyers - low traffic but highly qualified. While you might get fewer visitors targeting this visitors your conversion rate will be much higher.

I'd suggest staying away from high traffic phrases (50,000 or more a month) just because youre unlikely to get on the first page of the search results. Better to be on the first page for a less competitive phrase.

Use the Google Keyword tool or Traffic Travis to research your keywords and related search volumes.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

pockets
Trust:
Sorry there Mark, Mistyped what I was trying to say. What I meant by 50,000 phrase search competition was the competing pages for my keyword when I search it in google e.g "my keyword". All the keyword phrases I am planning on targeting will have approx 2,000 searches and all have less than 50,000 pages to go up against for the top 10.

I think this should insure that I have a far greater amount of keywords appearing in the top 10 after backlinks, bookmarking techniques etc

What do you think Mark?

Its one area I feel affilo blueprint is lacking in. The keyword research techniques are great but not checking out competing pages is just too risky and possibly a waste of time or money spent on writing up several articles that never bring in any sales due to their serps.

All in all an enjoyable course so far tho!

Just love to clear up these few questions before I dig in with getting articles done!

Cheers
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
The 50,000 phrase search competition result on Google is not really an indicator of how competitive the other sites are. There are a lot of factors you need to consider like page rank, backlinks, directories, cache age, etc.

If you want to do competition research, Traffic Travis has a new feature which tells you the difficulty rating of your keywords and important information on the top websites optimized on those keywords.

You might want to review Week 1 Video 5 of Affiloblueprint for other tools to help you on your keyword competition research.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

mack45
Trust:
Hi I was looking at marketing three products that are article rewriters and submitters. I am having a hard time getting travis to cooperate or stay on track. I can not seem to get enough keywords to sort into short lists. I am worried this is to competitive a market.I am not sure if it is the market or just what the keyword tool pulls up. I tried putting the words in the Micro Niche Finder and have found some good results. It actually pulled up a better list of keywords. Does it really matter once I pick the thirty does it all come out the same. Bruce
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Bruce,
Just use both lists.
Sometimes I use multiple tools as well.
If you have taken the affiloblueprint course then it tells you what keyword numbers you should go for etc..
Does that answer your question?
Hope that helps.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

mack45
Trust:
Hi thank you Troy, I am going to watch the video again any way to see if I missed anything.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to [email protected]

This topic was started on Jul 28, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.