Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Is it a profitable to mix popular keywords around?

phmegacorp
Trust:

Is it a profitable to mix popular keywords around?

for example, say "how to get your abs back" is higher searched and rated difficult on the trafictravis SEO search. but I mix the phrase around to "how to get back your abs" and it is searched high and relatively easy on the traffic travis seo search. would this be considered a smart or good decision? or should I find another more profitable niche.
or is it more related to the niche product? I hope I am not totally misunderstanding what affiliate marketing is.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
PHMegacorp wrote:for example, say "how to get your abs back" is higher searched and rated difficult on the trafictravis SEO search. but I mix the phrase around to "how to get back your abs" and it is searched high and relatively easy on the traffic travis seo search. would this be considered a smart or good decision? or should I find another more profitable niche

I think "how to get back your abs" is worth a try if it has a good search volume and if it rated as relatively easy in Traffic Travis.

PHMegacorp wrote:or is it more related to the niche product? I hope I am not totally misunderstanding what affiliate marketing is

I'm not sure what you mean by this but if you are asking if you should choose which keyword phrase is related to your product then I'd say you could use either since both phrases belong to the same niche.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

phmegacorp
Trust:
thank very much. I just needed this clear right before i bought my domain name and host. Now i know I can take already competitive keywords, reword them (while ensuring it is highly searched) and profit from it
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Its worth noting that just because a phrase has a high search volume that it will be profitable for you. There are other factors involved such as keyword intent (are the people using this phrase wanting to buy) and what websites you're competing against for that phrase (use the SEO Analysis tab in Traffic Travis).

Of course it can definitely help coming up with variations of keyword phrases as part of your keyword research but just remember that Google treats each keyword quite separately - even what used to be stop words (and, the, that etc) are now included in determining the search results.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

This topic was started on Jan 17, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.