Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Feedback requested on my current sites

andrewjm1983
Trust:

Feedback requested on my current sites

Hi everyone,

A few months ago I purchased another affiliate marketing course before this one. I'm still going through the Affiliorama lessons here so that I can learn how to improve my current efforts. In the mean time, I would like honest feedback on these sites:

1. http://whatmenseek.com (target: women's dating niche; after submitting info on squeeze page, taken directly to whatmenseek.com/blog)

2. http://relief4anxiety.com (target: stress and anxiety relief niche; after submitting info, taken directly to relief4anxiety.com/blog)

After viewing these sites, I would like to know:

1. What did you like?
2. What did you dislike?
3. How could I improve my squeeze pages and/or blogs?

I appreciate any and all constructive criticism.

Thanks,

Andrew
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
First of all, congratulations on building your site! It's clear that you spent a lot of time working on this.

I just noticed some areas which can use improvement:

1. Your Homepage

I would not recommend making your squeeze page your homepage. It would look too spammy and would result to your visitors clicking away quickly. It is best to have an article with good informative content on your homepage and other easily accessible pages, and thus build rapport and trust with your audience first. Once they trust your site, they will be more receptive to signing up for your newsletter.

2. Header

Create a header for http://whatmenseek.com/blog to make it look more professional.

3. Your content

Google has been launching algorithm changes which rewarding high quality content sites so you should also work on the content of your pages. The articles on your pages need to be made a lot longer. 500+ words is what they need to be. This is to show visitors and search engines that your site is of value and that your articles have fully covered the topic.

4. Product Review Summary Page

Create individual reviews on each product and a multiple review page where visitors can see a list of the products you are promoting along with their ratings. These pages should be optimized on the product/author name keywords and should have at least 500 words.

A lot of viewers would often view the Product Review Summary Page to see how a product compares to another. This page converts very well to sales so it would be a good idea to add this page for your visitors.

See Mark's example here: post87858.html#p87858

5. Call to Action

I suggest that you use stronger call to action to improve conversion ie "Get this product now to get your boyfriend back!" or "Click here to get 'The Ex Recovery' NOW!!!"

6. Create Redirects

I would also suggest that you use redirects for your affiliate links so it looks more professional. It will look better when your visitors hover over the links. You could use the Pretty Links plugin or GoCodes plugin to set up redirects. You could also follow these lessons on how to hide your affiliate link with redirects.

7. On page optimization

You need to look at your on-page SEO Factors. You could use the plugin called Platinum SEO to optimize your pages. Please watch the following SEO lessons:

On-Page SEO factors: What Works, and What Doesn't
Top 6 On-Page SEO Factors

Optimize your pages on one keyword per page only. All you need is your main keyword phrase per page. Your keywords should be in all of the following: meta description, meta keywords, title tags, H1 tags and within the first 50 words of your article. Make your meta description persuasive as this is what people read in the search engine results.

8. Comments enabled

Are you also sure that you want comments enabled on your posts? Moderating them can take up a lot of your time! And that time would be better spent on content creation or building backlinks.

Hope that helps. You already made a good start, you just need to polish it.

All the best on your site!
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

First of all, if you use Akismet and set all comments to not go live until moderated, you will be fine. It's a good thing to have real comments on your site as it is another aspect of social proof for visitors.

In addition to what has been suggested:

1. Page background, make this a solid color or a gradient. What is there now is too dark and too busy, drawing attention away from the content.

2. Sidebar, there are way too many things going on there, get rid of none essential links and tags that again draw attention away from the content. ALSO, add a sidebar opt in box.

3. The squeeze pages... these could be improved greatly with a clean design and maybe an ebook cover image or something to make it look more desirable.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

andrewjm1983
Trust:
Thank you so much for your feedback Michellerana. I will definitely take action on the points you made! :)

michellerana wrote:First of all, congratulations on building your site! It's clear that you spent a lot of time working on this.

I just noticed some areas which can use improvement:

1. Your Homepage

I would not recommend making your squeeze page your homepage. It would look too spammy and would result to your visitors clicking away quickly. It is best to have an article with good informative content on your homepage and other easily accessible pages, and thus build rapport and trust with your audience first. Once they trust your site, they will be more receptive to signing up for your newsletter.

2. Header

Create a header for http://whatmenseek.com/blog to make it look more professional.

3. Your content

Google has been launching algorithm changes which rewarding high quality content sites so you should also work on the content of your pages. The articles on your pages need to be made a lot longer. 500+ words is what they need to be. This is to show visitors and search engines that your site is of value and that your articles have fully covered the topic.

4. Product Review Summary Page

Create individual reviews on each product and a multiple review page where visitors can see a list of the products you are promoting along with their ratings. These pages should be optimized on the product/author name keywords and should have at least 500 words.

A lot of viewers would often view the Product Review Summary Page to see how a product compares to another. This page converts very well to sales so it would be a good idea to add this page for your visitors.

See Mark's example here: post87858.html#p87858

5. Call to Action

I suggest that you use stronger call to action to improve conversion ie "Get this product now to get your boyfriend back!" or "Click here to get 'The Ex Recovery' NOW!!!"

6. Create Redirects

I would also suggest that you use redirects for your affiliate links so it looks more professional. It will look better when your visitors hover over the links. You could use the Pretty Links plugin or GoCodes plugin to set up redirects. You could also follow these lessons on how to hide your affiliate link with redirects.

7. On page optimization

You need to look at your on-page SEO Factors. You could use the plugin called Platinum SEO to optimize your pages. Please watch the following SEO lessons:

On-Page SEO factors: What Works, and What Doesn't
Top 6 On-Page SEO Factors

Optimize your pages on one keyword per page only. All you need is your main keyword phrase per page. Your keywords should be in all of the following: meta description, meta keywords, title tags, H1 tags and within the first 50 words of your article. Make your meta description persuasive as this is what people read in the search engine results.

8. Comments enabled

Are you also sure that you want comments enabled on your posts? Moderating them can take up a lot of your time! And that time would be better spent on content creation or building backlinks.

Hope that helps. You already made a good start, you just need to polish it.

All the best on your site!
andrewjm1983
Trust:
Thank you as well esolutions. I have now figured out why I have not been that successful.

esolutions wrote:Hi,

First of all, if you use Akismet and set all comments to not go live until moderated, you will be fine. It's a good thing to have real comments on your site as it is another aspect of social proof for visitors.

In addition to what has been suggested:

1. Page background, make this a solid color or a gradient. What is there now is too dark and too busy, drawing attention away from the content.

2. Sidebar, there are way too many things going on there, get rid of none essential links and tags that again draw attention away from the content. ALSO, add a sidebar opt in box.

3. The squeeze pages... these could be improved greatly with a clean design and maybe an ebook cover image or something to make it look more desirable.
alaskaone12
Trust:
For some reason your site is not working,
Should you set up a waste of your work
online flash games http://www.giftsngames.com

This topic was started on Sep 29, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.