Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Feedback on my site please...

afftraining
Trust:

Feedback on my site please...

Hi all! I am a complete part timer and newbie. I followed the Affilorama model for my site. I have finally finished my pages and I am just starting my autoresponder series. However, I did decide to add the list building feature right away.

I would LOVE to get my site finished and get more SEO articles and even a PPC campaign prepared prior to the new year's rush on weight loss. I would appreciate any feedback and recommendations.

Again, I have followed the model very closely, but I am not all the way through. I rewrote all my articles myself and I am trying to get this started on the cheap. Plus I was already scammed once on Elance, so I am very nervous about trying again.

Thanks!

Audrey

http://www.weightlossandexercises.com/
digiblue
Trust:
Hi Audrey,

You have some great content on your Website, well done!

Here are a few points you may want to consider to improve your site:

1. I know you have just started you autoresponder but I will comment about the opt-in box. I have written about this elsewhere on the forum but I will say it again. The opt-in box has to have a seductive call to action "Register for Free Newsletter!" is not going to cut it. Something as simple as this use to work very well years ago but now everybody is offering a "free newsletter" or "free mini course".

This is your opportunity to be unique, different, and stand out of the crowd and get higher opt-in conversions. A eye catching and high value report or video series is great to give away to get the opt-in instead of a free newsletter. You should offer both but the report should be the main focus and the bonus could be the newsletter.

Also try to draw a bit more attention to the opt-in box, you want it to stand out, at the moment it just blends in.

I know you have probably not focused to heavily on the opt-in and autoresponder series yet but I thought I would offer my suggestions on this before you start putting more work into this.

2. Weight loss is a big market and you have the opportunity to market to people all different types of products to address the many roadblocks and problems the people in this market face. Email marketing should be your primary focus. You should display an opt-in box in the sidebar (like you have already done), and at the bottom of every page (really sell the click).

I would not promote affiliate links and offers (banners) on every page, in my opinion it is best to get them to onto your list FIRST, gain their trust, demonstrate value and then recommend specific products that are proven to work. The only page that I would not go after the opt-in is on the product review pages. These should be highly focused on the specific product and nothing else.

I would also use a pop up opt-in box that displays when the visitor goes to leave the page. I would also experiment with a footer opt-in box (slider) that slides up after about 10 seconds. Now you will have a lead capture machine, which will funnel all your visitors into your squeeze page, or opt-in, so you can collect leads and build your list to market to.

3. I would probably work on the header image a bit more. I am not sure what you used to create it, but around the edge of the image the lines are not smooth. Cutting an image can be a bit difficult at times but maybe try again to improve it. I also think the font should be changed. Go for something a bit more unique and different.

I would probably even include a catch phrase under the main site name (weight loss and exercises) for instance:

Weight Loss And Exercise - What You Don't Know Can Make You Fat
Weight Loss And Exercise - Underground Tips, Tricks, And Exercises
Weight Loss And Exercise - The Secret To A Super Slim Body Uncovered
Weight Loss And Exercise - Slim, Healthy, And Sexy

These were just off the top of my head but brainstorm some more if you want.

Apart from these few things, you have a great Website, keep it up.

Sorry to hear about getting scammed on Elance, it happens to the best of us!

Hope this helps,

Alex
kakaboo
Trust:
Digiblue, am I right to say that if I want to create Affiloblueprint/Affilojetpack static sites, my main focus is to get my readers off to the affiliate sites or opt in to my newsletter rather than hanging around my site reading my articles??
digiblue
Trust:
Most definitely. You don't make money from having them on your Website unless you are selling your own product or using adsense. The end goal of marketing is for an exchange of money to be made and if you have an affiliate Website this is obviously done on a site which isn't yours.

The content on the AffiloBlueprint sites is a means to an end.

You cannot control how long someone will stick around your Website. But high quality sticky content will change the visitors perception of you and what you have to offer or are promoting and can lead to more opt-ins and more sales.

Alex
PremiumMember
leckya
Trust:
Hi there,
I have completely revamped my site and wondered if anyone could give me some constructive comments on, if it needs improving and what parts can be improved.
I would appreciate any feed back. http://www.puppydogexpert.com
Adie
Last edited by leckya on 07 Dec 10 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

tony_591
Trust:
I have a feeling that my website has been sandboxed, all my back links only point to yahoo. I am now on page 2 for my keyword mend my relationship and now worried that I have done something wrong. How can I get someone to analyze my site and tell me were I am going wrong. 6 months and still no sales http://www.mendmyrelationship.co
regards tony
stonewall13
Trust:
Hey tony, I took a look at your site and your on the first page of Google. The problem is your keyword isn't being searched for. You should try different keywords, Use Google adwords and do some research through there. One keyword that's getting 3600 local monthly searches is "relationship help". I haven't checked the competition but with good SEO you should be able to get on the first page.

This topic was started on Dec 06, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.