Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Does Google Arbitrage still Exists?

el_kraken
Trust:

Does Google Arbitrage still Exists?

Hi, i just read some "2006 Brad Callen case study" in which they mention some "Google arbitrage" in which as i could understand somebody found a high paid keywords in Adsense. And he started a Google Adwords campaign in which some other keywords he chose were less price, so this is the point: he was getting more money in Adsense than he was paying in Adwords!!!! He was driving traffic from Adwords to his Adsense account, it sounds like that infinite energy machine that all scientist dreams on (lol) does anybody knows if that really could work and really how? specially in this days (2013)?
Thanks a lot for your support.
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi angelnewsletters,

This strategy no longer works as doing so can get your account banned in AdWords:
Arbitrage

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

el_kraken
Trust:
Thanks cecille, it sounded too good to be true (well maybe some day it was) but not longer any more, true but sad
mamagy
Trust:
I tried it ages ago, got my adwords account suspended for that in a week. It really worked in this time, though, maybe it may work now as well, but I guess that this is definite no-go because you never know, when Google decides that your site is all about arbitrage, not about content with some monetization.
It's way better to put your effort to long-term income, such as building a site with quality content, monetize that with whatever you like and drive natural traffic to it. When you have consistent flow of people, then I guess is safe to use some paid advertising and Adsense combo, but if you add some affiliate products to your site, Adsense loses its point, for me at least.

I should look over Google TOS, maybe you aren't even allowed to put adsense on a page/site you advertise with adwords...

This topic was started on May 12, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.