Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Do I need to register a domain before doing KW research?

freddyx
Trust:

Do I need to register a domain before doing KW research?

Hi guys, this is my first post.
I'm new to this kind of business, or better, it's a couple of years that I'm waiting to start but until now, my barrier has been to have found a lot of junk information. Good information too but not well organized in a step by step plan really important for a newbe as me.
So I've decided to join Affilorama because I need to start now and, more important, on the right track. I feel confident that Mark is one of the few people out there really passionate about his work and not about the money. Then I trust him and I'm sure to find here the help and motivation that I need to succeed.
I've already watched all the 90 Days Roadmap, watching again now for the second time, to be sure to understand correctly the GREAT PLAN.

Now ... here is my first question regarding lesson nr 2:
I don't understand why I need to register the domain name before
to do market and keyword research: I mean, in this way I fear to choose a topic too much competitive or at the contrary without enough demand.
Really I need to register the domain name before to do keyword research or perhaps I'm missing some key point ? :(
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You should have probably already a general idea on what kinds of markets you want. Hence to have the domain early it allows your site time to age and gain "authority" if you will. This is in place while conducting keyword research etc.........
PremiumMember
papabear
Trust:
Hello Freddyx,

Welcome to the group!

If I'm not mistaken the purpose of getting the domain name as soon as possible is that a new domain has a good chance of getting sandboxed by Google. So the sooner you get it the better off you will be.

I would say however, if you're uncomfortable with your niche topic and the upside of the topic to just go ahead and get your research done as soon as possible and then proceed to get your domain very soon thereafter.

I also think that the roadmap assumes you have your niche topic that you know you want to go with regardless. And then you would complete your keyword research to categorize and sub catergize your website with the best KW's for your site.

In closing, do you kw research, register your domain right away and continue on with the roadmap.

Hope this helps freedyx. AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

I wish you all the best!
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Hi Freddyx!

Welcome to Affilorama!

Really I need to register the domain name before to do keyword research or perhaps I'm missing some key point ?

It is simply to start the aging process in case your website sets off any red flags (which most new sites do) and gets sandboxed by google for a while (which can be quite a few months sometimes).

Don't put any ads on your site to start with, until it is indexed by google, and you'll lower your chances it'll get sandboxed early on.

Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

freddyx
Trust:
Thanks to all ! Now it's clear.

... for the moment :D