Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Do I have to rewrite reviews to avoid duplicate content?

roxannegk
Trust:

Do I have to rewrite reviews to avoid duplicate content?

Hi everyone - my first post here. By means of a quick intro, I have just purchased jetpack and am a mother of 3 small kids trying to get my head around everything whilst cleaning, feeding, cleaning, toileting, cleaning, loving, cleaning, enjoying and getting through each day! Did I mention I seem to be cleaning up after the kids a lot? Anyway, my question is regarding an article that I have just looked at in my "save your relationship" jetpack. It is a review of the mind movies guy. I am assuming that I don't need to rewrite that as it is a review, and is more a factual run-down of who he is and how he got started. Would that be correct? Only problem is, there isn't anyone to attribute the review to. Any thoughts? Will that be seen as duplicate content? And if it won't be seen as duplicate content, where is the line drawn? Surely there is lots of info that is quoted and used correctly on the web - so do the people at Google individually review everything that is seen to be duplicate and make a call on it, or is it just automatically blacklisted? Hoping for some direction. Thanks.
newstart
Trust:
Google will check everything for duplicate content that is published in a blog site or static website. Google's system is automated. There are too many sites on the web to check individually for duplication.

If you plan to publish this REVIEW or ARTICLE to your site you will need to rewrite the article. Affilorama has a compare tool that will allow you to compare your new article with the one provided by AffiloJetPack. Mark Ling says you should try to be 50% different, however Google I believe will accept articles only 20% modified. Identical articles can be used as email autoresponder information without worrying about duplication. Everything that is published to a blog site or static website must be original. To publish without rewriting will subject your website article being labeled duplicate content.

As to whom to attribute the article too, that would be you or a chosen pen name. If you plan on establishing multiple sites you may want to decide now on chosen pen names. A pen name allows your name to become an expert in that niche specialty. It seems odd if people research a name to discover they have written articles in several unrelated fields.

I know this seems like a lot of work. It is but the rewards are great for those willing to put in the time and effort. Do something every day eventually you will reach your goal.

Margene
roxannegk
Trust:
Thanks Margene. That has cleared it up for me, so it looks like I will be rewriting the review! It is a lot of work, but if it is work I can do while at home then it will be worth it in the end. I will keep at it and even if I get to just one article a day, that is only 20 days for 20 articles!
Thanks again.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL guess you havent watched the traffic building videos yet Roxanne, there is more writing to be done...

the thing is, the more you do it the faster it will get. When i started I had to do it all from scratch. it took me hours to do one article. Now, I do 2-3 articles an hour.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

roxannegk
Trust:
You're right James - I haven't watched them yet! I don't know much yet, so I am just doing one step at a time... I will be looking forward to that challenge when I get there. =) Hopefully that won't be toooooooo far away. And, 2-3 articles an hour is pretty impressive! I wonder how long it will take me to get to that level... I might have grandkids by then!
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thats a good way to do it. just take it one step at a time, and you will make it. some people try to jump in and run before they walk. take your time, and give yourself time to learn each step as you go.

Its not that bad. I thaught it would be too. Honestly, 90% of the problem people have with writing is fear. once you let that go, and just do it, its not that hard.

I am no great writer, and I know many who are better than me. but I have a few tricks up my sleve that I have learned over the years. One of my biggest keys to writing articles is to not write. that may seem out of place but its true.

I use a voice dictation program called Dragon Naturally speaking. $30 on amazon and well worth it. I can dictate a 500 word article in about 5 minutes, and then spend a few minutes editing and proofreading it.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

roxannegk
Trust:
That is great advice - thanks. I have just looked it up and I will look at purchasing Dragon naturally speaking once I start making some money with my first site. That is amazing software! A very good idea.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
cool, I recommend just the basic edition to start off with. the higher priced version really isn't necessary, especially if you are just using it for writing articles.

This topic was started on Aug 18, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.