08 Feb 13 11:12 am
oliver.tindell wrote:Hi Guys,
In the past I have always used one keyword optimised sites such as Google Sniper etc. I find that this doesn't work anymore post Panda.
My biggest problem with Affilorama's method, and the main reason I am getting stuck and procrastinating is through keyword research.
Does anyone have any additional tricks to find good keywords to target once I have found a good product on Clickbank? I tried using the product name (very competitive) and Mark's method of going through the sales copy to find keywords, however I find these have little to no search results.
Once I get through this I am good to go!
They are very powerful tools, Mark Ling has powerful steps or systems and he covers most of them and it is up to us expand. He indirectly mentions something called Greyhat techniques. In my first 15 days of intense research I found the hard way that each of Marks steps can cover 10 or more books each :)
Keyword research is the most difficult ,but to know what your customer want is easy if you know the right techniques.
You wont find these information talked about much and here are steps:
Most powerful method that are battle tested and fool proof are:
1 . READY, FIRE AND AIM: includes CPA, SURVEYS TO FIND WHAT OUR MARKET/CUSTOMERS REALLY WANT etc, YOU MIGHT HAVE TO SPEND MONEY FIRST AN LOSE SOME MONEY AND THIS IS THE BEST METHOD.
2. KEYWORD RESEARCH TOOLS and find the keywords that our customer wants answered and post the solution into your blog are website and then promote the website. If the way you initiate your steps are good (not perfect), PAIN WORDS, OR FOCUSES ON INSTANT GRATIFICATION METHOD. If you got a good implementation, you will build natural links overtime. This is what Google wants you to do, it is white hat, provides service to people. Google updates cannot take your site down because it is natural links, you can even argue with Google if you got ranked down. I use Keyword Researcher
3. KEYWORDS SUGGESTION TOOLS BASED ON CPA WORDS, like CPA cost per-word etc.
4. You can mix all these techniques and make grey hat methods. This is called implementation or strategy :)
The truth is:
On page SEO and off page SEO must compliment each other, find keywords based on that.
Dirty Truth: You can have the worst keyword but the way you initiate or implementation can make you a biggest success. With tools like copy-writing and instant gratification keywords sky is the limit :)
2. Grey hat methods that is time tested and fool proof
3. leveraging everything, your money, focus on expanding on the positive aspects unlimited and think big and sky is the limit.
Does keyword matter the most?
Nope, implementation is what matters most.
Say for example: If you chose the wrong keyword, but if your implementation is right you can always choose the right keywords on the go :) and as simple as that.My advice:
Just start with keywords you feel most comfortable, IMMEDIATELY and then look at what people truly want and use those keywords.
This is a tool for long tail keywords I use, free trial one though:
It is called Keyword researcher
and it has a free trial and it posts keywords in a way that you can make articles on them straight away. Based on pain words or instant gratification :). Find for gaps where the questions asked are not properly given answers for.
For example: Say I search: "My dog is puking",
Look at the Google results, does the first 10 websites on a page give a proper solution for the keyword in question?
If the first 10 websites does not a solution on the Google search and then when you provide a solution for the problems based on the exact keywords queries, you will naturally ranked higher. On top of that, you will start building natural links :)
here is a cool article:http://www.seomoz.org/blog/the-noob-gui
He has got Go-fish etc which is very interesting and free tool. Also look at the research method he uses using GOFISH free software and you can instantly find what people truly want by peeking through their conversations for free.
This equals to you knowing what 1000's of people really want. There are many other powerful tools that goes even deeper on this subject. So keep it simple and implementation is what matters most and AT THE END OF THE DAY, MONEY LEFT IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT SHOWS HOW SUCCESSFUL YOU WERE WITH THE METHOD :)
expands your mind to the boundless possibilities.