Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Did I choose the right niche to start with?

alizjkrocks
Trust:

Did I choose the right niche to start with?

Hi everyone!

I've just started the course yesterday and now I'm at keyword research on week 1.

On video 3, Mark suggest we need to have at least 50 keywords, and then after checking competition, we should have at least 30 final keywords.

But the niche that I chose, which is Music, (I should choose the niche that I'm most comfortable with right?), the keywords that I get is somewhat less then 30. And I haven't even check the competition with it yet, so I'm guessing the final keywords will be less then 30.

Is it OK????

Or should I choose another niche??

Thanks~!!!
Direct-Response Copywriter
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

I help info-marketers/digital marketing experts sell more products with strategic direct-response copywriting.

faradina
Trust:
Actually, music is a very broad topic. I am sure that you will be able to come up with much more than 30 keywords. Try using the keyword finder tool in Traffic Travis.
alizjkrocks
Trust:
hmm.. i've checked n research the sales page for all 3 products. jamorama, sonic producer and rocket piano to be exact.. but i seem to be stuck thinking what other keywords are relevant to those products. and I'm stuck especially at that 'buyer intention' thingy...... =(
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

I help info-marketers/digital marketing experts sell more products with strategic direct-response copywriting.

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
the music niche is profitable, but itis harder to pick out crisis keywords. there are other profitable keywords that you can use though. not in it myself, but i know there are several members here who are in the niche. Music is very broad. honestly, I would recommend targeting more specific. learn guitar, learn to sing, learn paino, etc....one site for each one.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

alizjkrocks
Trust:
ahh thats an idea... yeah it is harder to find crisis keywords. the best i can do is like... learn guitar, play guitar, buy guitar course, buy guitar lesson, download guitar lesson... etc etc. if only there's another word for 'guitar' hahahaha! =D
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
one thing that most people fail to look at is look for the things people have problems with.

learn scales, learn to read sheet music, fingering paterns, look for specific techniques rather than just "guitar" words, look for techniques for guitar, also look at keywords related to specific famous people, like learn to play like Jimmy Hendrix,

so look for :
product specific keywords

training specific keywords ie your courses, lessons etc..

crisis keywords if available fast guitar lessons, learn guitar this week, etc...

specific techniques or problems ie. guitar chords, reading music, fingering patterns, etc..

Now, i have not researched this niche, so i don't really know the specifics. these are just thing s that with my limited knowledge I would look for. Most of the time what i tell people is that if you cannot come up with at least 20-30 good keywords, you probably need to research and learn your topic better.

look for forums. they are a great place to find keywords. people will be talking about their problems, and most likely, if they are asking in forums, people are also searching for the same topics.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

alizjkrocks
Trust:
oh wow thx so much! why didnt i think of that in the first place.... i totally missed out the thing you said about 'specific techniques'. now I have alot in my mind already.. back to work!!

again, thank you thank you!!
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Okay... James, you may be my younger brother... but you got to stop giving me ideas to help me with my own site ;) I read your post and had a "DUH!" moment! :D

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
LOL you may be older, and you may have started IM before me, but I have done it more. I have been doing it full time for almost a year now, while you slave away waiting table :P

alizjkrocks
Trust:
to James,

I hope I don't get too personal with this question but you said you working as a full time IM. Can I know exactly what do you do?

From what I understand, (forgive my noobness hehe), affiliate marketing is basically setting up websites with articles that brings buyers to the merchant sites, and get commissions.

So lets say I got it all down and ready, up and running, maybe 10 websites, and lets say I'm earning $500 per week from each website, and lets say I'm already full time affiliate marketer. So to put it bluntly, I can relax while the income comes in.

But my ultimate question is, what else is there to do when you already get that kind of income? Other then maybe adding more websites, and earning more, what if I don't want to? Can I just leave those 10 websites running, or is there some kinda 'maintenance' to be made?

Thanks so much James sir!
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
I'm working on that! ;)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
WEll, I havent hit that point yet. The thing is, there is really no autopilot business,never work again. That is a pipe dream that marketers use because it sells products. Google rankings change, competition is always going, you will need to continue building backlinks,

Some people choose to go into a niche site, but I say why stop at a 30 page site? I have one site in the relationships niche with over 110 articles on it, and over 70% of those articles are ranking for their keywords.

personally I never get caught up, much less kick back and live the life of luxury. i do IM full time, literally. I sometimes work 15-20 hour days, but I love what i am doing so it doesn't really bother me too much

basically though, it is up to you. What are your goals with your business? how much do you want to make? when you get there, what are you going to do with your life? those are questions most people never ask themselves, but you should know the answers before you even start.

alizjkrocks
Trust:
well I do know what I want right now. Not saying that I love to have a life of luxury. (hey I think everyone wants that). But then, realistically, maybe work like 8-10 hours per day, leisurely of course and still enjoy life.

Because to me life is really short and we shouldn't even be stressed about money but that's just the way of the world.. we need money. But if AB has the ability to.. say 'take some stress off', that will be just great, and I'm gonna work hard for it.

So that's why I'm asking that particular question to you. Since you're already a full time IM.
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
well, what you are saying is very general though, what I mean is have a set income goal that you want to reach. do you want to make $1000 per month? 5,000?
set a specific and measurable goal. then use the plan in the AB course to plan out exactly how you plan to reach that goal and measurable points to measure your progress. keep it specific enough to keep your focus, but flexible enough to be able to change. Things will happen, and you will make mistakes. allow yourself time to reach it.

how many hours/ day do you have to spend on your business? if you are working 8 hours/ day and actually being productive at least 3-4 hours of that time, then you will get there faster than someon who works 2 hours/day.

There are so many variables that noone can tell you how long it will take to get where you want to be. however, always remember, there is no such thing as an impossible goal, only an unrealistic time frame to reach it. you can make 1 million dollars/ year with im if you want to, but you wont do it working 2 hours day, and you wont do it by next week, (Im not there yet and I do this 10-12 hours a day). I wont say that AB will take stress off, but FOLLOWING AB will take the stress off. there have been some people who failed to work the system, either from lack of understanding, or getting distracted, and never made a dime. however, I have seen others who quit their jobs within couple of months of starting.

also, there are many ways to skin the cat. Although I still have several AB style sites, I have found that I personally prefer blogging to building static sites, so i started learning and working on my blogs. I don't have any super blogs that bring in boatloads of cash yet, but I like building up the community, and interacting with people. i can see the impact that I have on people much more than with static sites. Although the step by step methods I use in blogging, and some details are different, if I didn't have the basics that i learned in AB, i wouldn't be as successful as I am there.

I recommend sticking with AB, and following through to the end. Don't let anything else distract you from finishing the course. Although you will see other courses promoted, and people will push them ( I do some of that myself) remember there are different people at different stages of their learning, and some people are ready for additional training that will take their business to another level. Also, some of us like to study different courses to see the differences, and further develop our own strategies.

alizjkrocks
Trust:
every single word of yours, mr james, i will remember. thank you so so much for your time to 'mentor' me. really do appreciate it sir.
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
your welcome. hope it helps. will go get those kw looked over for you in just a little while.

alizjkrocks
Trust:
thanks sir! im kinda stuck now till i really understand how it all works. i really dont wanna give up right now.
www.CopyRocks.net
Let's Get CopyRockin'!

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
your welcome. and just pmed you about that.

I have been doing this for over a year now and I am still learning how it all works. quit learning and start doing. thats the best way to get anywhere.

bloggingfornewbies
Trust:
I've been reading your posts james.. I think you are genuinely a great IM especially for the help you have been doing to other newbie bloggers online...
I had a chance to browse quickly at your website ... amazing for a years worth of blogging... I've bookmarked your site for further reading... I'm new here.. just wanting to learn and read as many helpful post as possible...

Keep up the great work to helping others.

Adam

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Thanks adam. I try to help people as much as i can. I owe it to the people who helped me get started, somtimes giving me paid products for free because they knew my situation. I owed too much to too many people to accept anything other than success, and i got it. Im no super affilaite yet, but I am on my way. (Mark better watch out, I may just have to take over :)

This topic was started on Jul 22, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.