Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

competing with ehow.com , webmd, wiki.answers, wikihow.com

affilojetpackpurchasedept
Trust:

competing with ehow.com , webmd, wiki.answers, wikihow.com

Hello:

I have found a "how to....." keyword for my next site. But I notice that I will be competing with ehow.com , webmd, wiki.answers, wikihow.com at the top for that question since they are authority sites and they specialize in answering questions?

I wonder what chance I have to beat out those sites with that keyword with an exact keyword domain which gives me a greater chance, but if the other sites have hundreds or thousands of back links do I have a good chance with an exact keyword domain for the keyword I want to rank for? I will have 40 or more pages on my site.

Thanks, Andrew
Private message me if you want to purchase AffiloJetPack through my affiliate link because if you do purchase it through my link I will show you how you can have your web site business owned by a protected company that you own and operate for a small price relatively, and you can have people, Google, and affiliate programs pay you in a strong currency like the Hong Kong dollar, Aussie Dollar, or the New Zealand Dollar and the money goes into a protected bank instead of into the currency or a bank in the crumbling economy of your debt ridden country wherever you may be. You do not have to be paid in a quickly depreciating currency anymore and you can worry less about your business being taken away from you if it is attacked for selling something GOOD that a police state agency does not like since they are protecting the big sellers who do not like to lose profits to little old you and your web site business.

wollowra
Trust:
Hi Andrew,
I think it is going to take commitment, time and some money on your part to knock wiki,amazon or ebay off their perch and to get ahead of them but it has been done before.
I think you just need to choose your keywords and niche very carefully if you know that wiki, amazon etc.. are dominating the serps.
Buying keywords can also be very powerful and model numbers etc...
Try to build a great authority site that boosts all your pages up in the search engines.

I found this post on the warrior forum...
http://www.warriorforum.com/main-intern ... -beat.html

I also found a very interesting article that I liked on this topic that makes some really good points.
http://www.mrhenree.com/blog-blogging/h ... wikipedia/
The point about social media really hits home.
jmpruitt ( james ) here on the forum talks alot about how social media plays a specific role in his marketing.

This is an interesting topic and would be a good discussion for people to jump in with their thoughts.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

affilojetpackpurchasedept
Trust:
Thanks Troy:

Yes, I have spent quite a bit of time on the warrior forum and was actually going to post the same question there, but I believe that combining what Matt Carter writes about how to market products in his course with my approach to my affilorama site, it will be much more fruitful targeting product domain names than to get a "how to" domain trying to rank. With a forty page site I should be able to knock off any five page Google Sniper site also which is trying to do the same thing as I am.

In Kindness, Andrew
Private message me if you want to purchase AffiloJetPack through my affiliate link because if you do purchase it through my link I will show you how you can have your web site business owned by a protected company that you own and operate for a small price relatively, and you can have people, Google, and affiliate programs pay you in a strong currency like the Hong Kong dollar, Aussie Dollar, or the New Zealand Dollar and the money goes into a protected bank instead of into the currency or a bank in the crumbling economy of your debt ridden country wherever you may be. You do not have to be paid in a quickly depreciating currency anymore and you can worry less about your business being taken away from you if it is attacked for selling something GOOD that a police state agency does not like since they are protecting the big sellers who do not like to lose profits to little old you and your web site business.

wollowra
Trust:
Yes, Totally agree Andrew.
People should always try and get a good keyword domain name if they can.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

back-links
Trust:
These sites (ehow.com, webmd, wiki.answers and wikihow.com) have a huge "trust" factor which the search engines like. The time and money that will be needed to outrank them will be huge. Perhaps there is an easier approach instead of going "head to head" with these respected sites.
Get .EDU backlinks or other needed backlinks to promote your website - - - http://www.googlecashincome.info

This topic was started on May 09, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.