Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

Analyzing clickbank gravity

slbagley
Trust:

Analyzing clickbank gravity

Is there a way to obtain a particular products gravity history over a period of time from ClickBank, i.e. 30, 60, 90 days and beyond. If so, would this tell us if a product is declining in value if the gravity started at "X" then declined to "X", or if a particular product niche has become too crowded?
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
Try ClickBank Engine. Use the free information, No need to join their subscrition plan to get the kind of information you are looking for. I will give a link to an example of there product page. This is where you can see a products gravity over time.http://www.cbengine.com/res/stat.cfm?v=phonesrch Scroll down the page to view info.

Just a bit of advice, clear your cookies after using CBEngine.com! If you are not sure how to clear your cookies post a reply and ill point you in the direction of some instructions. Just let me know what browser you are using,

Whistler
slbagley
Trust:
Thanks! I do know how to clear cookies.
slbagley
Trust:
I found CB Engine and looked at the gravity for a particular product. Does the gravity chart us if a product is declining in value if the gravity started at "X" then declined to "X", or if a particular product niche has become too crowded?
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
I look at gravity to show relative competition in a niche and the buying demand of the market. Fluctuations in the short term can be caused by numerous factors, to me sudden spikes or dips in the graph tell you more about the affiliate situation more than the niche itself. I try to look at the graph-over-time with the mind set of a moving average, this i feel will give you a better idea of the market.

Hope this makes some sort of sense,

Whistler
PremiumMember
38north
Trust:
slbagley wrote:Is there a way to obtain a particular products gravity history over a period of time from ClickBank, i.e. 30, 60, 90 days and beyond. If so, would this tell us if a product is declining in value if the gravity started at "X" then declined to "X", or if a particular product niche has become too crowded?

This site has loads of good info on clickbank: http://www.cb-analytics.com/ Not an affiliate link.
PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:
slbagley wrote:Is there a way to obtain a particular products gravity history over a period of time from ClickBank, i.e. 30, 60, 90 days and beyond. If so, would this tell us if a product is declining in value if the gravity started at "X" then declined to "X", or if a particular product niche has become too crowded?

I think no product niche will never become too crowded if you just do good Keyword research, SEO and Article writing. Even there are many competitors in particular niche, you can always be the affiliate who make sales....
PremiumMember
whistlerh
Trust:
think no product niche will never become too crowded if you just do good Keyword research, SEO and Article writing. Even there are many competitors in particular niche, you can always be the affiliate who make sales....

Dont forget about building a LIST!

Whistler
PremiumMember
strongfarmer
Trust:
- Whistler: yeah exactly. :)
slbagley
Trust:
thanks - good feedback

This topic was started on May 02, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.