Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Using Wordpress to start blogging

carolk01
Trust:

Using Wordpress to start blogging

I am a new to affiliate marketing and want to know what your thoughts are on having Wordpress do Blogs for me to get started?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
if you mean wordpress.com blogs dont waste your time. they dont like any kind of marketing on their blogs. if you mean a self hosted wordpress blog, I have 15 of them myself, and are my main source of income.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

zososniper
Trust:
Carol,

jm is right........I only use Wordpress to host my marketing sites and wouldn't have it any other way. Simple to install, a buzzillion themes to choose from and plug ins that can allow you to do almost anything on your site, Wordpress sites work great for SEO and is perfect for the non technical internet marketer.
My Online Business Strategy...For those who no longer want to work for someone else.......

Strategic Internet Marketing Solutions. Your hub for the best IM Solutions and Strategies

http://strategicinternetmarketingsolutions.net

robinjackman
Trust:
Yes you can use wordpress for start blogging but blogspot is also useful for that.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I dont recommend any of the free blogs for business unless you like to be shut down with no warning the next time they change the rules.

A lot of affiliates hav had their blogger blogs worpress blogs, squidoo account, hubpage, and all the other freebie sites shut down. Using them purely for commercial purposes is against most of their TOS
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

candycane4009
Trust:
I need to know if you can us freehosting.com for affiliate markeing pay per clicks,and if you can us google bolg ,blogspot for affiliate jobs.

James Pruitt,
i have wordpress blog just using it to test my writing skills ,how do you get self hosting wordpress dose it cost a monthly fee? and the first step to find legit affiliate commission companys? if you can help great if you can help me thanks any way.
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
The best hosting service I know is http://www.BlueHost.com, $4.95/month right now (yes, I'm an affiliate, but this is no hoplink).

The have "SimpleScripts", a tool that installs WordPress, your WordPress database, PHP and all the rest for you with 1 click. No muss, no fuss. And BlueHost has the best support I've ever experienced in two decades of webmastering. Other hosting services must have SimpleScripts too.

Like other hosing services, you have to sign up and pay in front for a year or more to get such a low monthly price.

Like James says, you have to use a regular web hosting service for your WordPress to get the most benefit - not a sub-domain of another company.
candycane4009
Trust:
thank you
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi candycane4009,

I need to know if you can us freehosting.com for affiliate markeing pay per clicks,and if you can us google bolg ,blogspot for affiliate jobs.

You need to invest on web hosting and domain name when starting out in affiliate marketing (autoresponder too if you will move on to email marketing). most free web hosts do not allow affiliate marketing sites. That or the service is limited or bad.

You can do affiliate marketing with out having a website, but building your own site is better in the long run.

i have wordpress blog just using it to test my writing skills ,how do you get self hosting wordpress dose it cost a monthly fee? and the first step to find legit affiliate commission companys? if you can help great if you can help me thanks any way.

We recommend HostGator as a webhost and you can install a Wordpress site through a simple script they called Fantastico. You can try BlueHost too. There are several webhosts out there that you can use and they include Wordpress installs so you can have a self-hosted Wordpress site.

As for affiliate commissions, you need to be an affiliate of a network or a merchant. You can look at Clickbank, Amazon, and ShareASale.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

candycane4009
Trust:
thank you
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
candycane4009 wrote:I need to know if you can us freehosting.com for affiliate markeing pay per clicks,and if you can us google bolg ,blogspot for affiliate jobs.

James Pruitt,

WordPress is a free platform to use. However, you do need to pay for basic web hosting ( I recommend Hostgators Baby plan for newbies with just one or two sites) appx $10.00/month and a domain, appx $10.00/year

other than that, everything else you need, you can do for free to get started, as long as you are willing to work really hard for the next few months (IE... LIVE EAT AND BREATHE BLOGGING< EVEN WHILE YOU SLEEP!)

There are loads of paid options that will make things easier and better. But there are loads of free tools, plugins, themes, etc...

The thing is that investing some money in your business will make it better.

For example, I suck at graphics. I can do basic work, but they really aren't professional looking. I made loads of banners for my sites over the last few years, and they did okay to get me by. however, I just hired a graphic designer to totally revamp my logos for 10 different sites and create me a custom brandable logo for each project.

Investing in other tools, services, and people who are experts at what they do will save you loads of time, headaches, and even money in the long run. It will also help you make more money faster by giving your site a much more professional feel, building more trust with your target customers.

most newbies get caught up in trying to do everything themselves. in the long run, it will actually cost you less to pay someone who is good at something than to do it for yourself. Nowdays, I am trying to work more and more into being a 'project manager" and working on my business rather than in my business doing all the grunt work.

PremiumMember
mikessdesk
Trust:
I have a few static web sites that cost me much more than Wordpress blogs. Wordpress (self hosted) is very flexible with hundreds of available themes, many are free and developed by some forward thinking people.

I use Hostgator who provides excellent service, I can't find any fault in them. Currently I have four Wordpress sites they are:

mikessdesk dot com
creatinglifstyle dot com
busypen dot com
stressreliefremedy dot com

Only one of these did I buy the theme the others are all suffion a free plugin with many widgets,sidebars and other features available. have a look see what you think.

Mike
Mike Smith

This topic was started on Aug 08, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.