Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Traffic Travis rating of 3

PremiumMember
simonk
Trust:

Traffic Travis rating of 3

Hi all,

I'm new to all this, so treat me gently!

I've got a bunch of products I want to review, so I'm analysing keywords for the best H1 header keywords to use.
My problem is that some products rate better with the word "guide" and others rate better with the word "review".

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts about a collection of review titles that don't all end with the word "review" versus some titles only getting a rating of 3.

Thanks

Simon
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
different product name keywords will get a different rating. some have more competition than others. anything with the product name in it that you can get with a score of 4 or more should work.

one i like and tends to be low competition is buy xyz product

what i like to do is open TT and google kw tool. I will enter the product name and start going through all the keywords with the product specific names until i get 4 star or 5 star on them. then I go for it with that keyword.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

PremiumMember
simonk
Trust:
Hi JMPruitt,

Thanks for your reply. Good point to search with "Buy" in the keywords, I'll try that.

I just wondered if a list of articles on my left sidebar (like in Mark's WoW example) would look a bit strange like this:

xxx review
aaa review
bbb guide
buy ccc
ddd review
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
what I recommend is only having about 5 products on your main site.

also, make sure that you have articles underneath those reviews. you want to make sure that you are offering a lot of free tips and advice along the way.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

PremiumMember
simonk
Trust:
cheers James for the advice.
robinjackman
Trust:
it is just amazing and thanks for sharing.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I find that the more I give for free, the more money I make. some people just dont get it. I have given away full ebooks and video training series to people, I give of my time to help people, and it seems like the more I give, the more I make in the long run.

This topic was started on Aug 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.