Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Spammy Link Building Strategies?

omf1120
Trust:

Spammy Link Building Strategies?

Is there a number that we could follow to make our link building appear natural to the search engine? What are your thoughts? I know that there isn't a specific number, but I've heard it does not appear natural to get 3 new links every day, or to get 50 links in a few days when you haven’t been getting that many links at that frequency.

If I were to build 10 new links pointing to different pages of my website with different anchor texts, would that still appear spammy?

Let me know what you guys think...

Thanks,

Sonia
Last edited by michellerana on 03 Feb 10 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improve title to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You shouldn't really go too fast on link building because that can trigger a penalty and hurt your site's ranking. Building a link everyday or 2 would appear natural to Google.

It's a good plan to submit articles pointing to different pages of your site. Search engine spiders don't crawl each page of your site everyday so having links on different pages will not appear unnatural. This will also give a boost to the rankings of your internal pages.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

omf1120
Trust:
So does that mean I can submit articles to article directories pointing to my internal pages so as to get links? How many of these can I do everyday? Am I stuck with submitting 1-2 articles each day?

My site is only a month old, would you recommend going beyond the 1-2 links per day?

Thanks,

Sonia
omf1120
Trust:
I guess if I rephrase the question it would be, how many backlinks should i build daily? How many is safe?

Hope that helps and I could get a bit more input from everyone.

This topic was started on Feb 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.