Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Linking - What page on my site should I put them?

elmo033057
Trust:

Linking - What page on my site should I put them?

Dear Affilobuds and Affilobudettes,

I have a question that has been bugging me for quite some time now so perhaps someone here will know the answer to this problemo.

We all know that it is good to get links to our site and to link to others, however, whenever you link to someone's site or they link to yours which page should you put the link on?

My ellistrations home page has a PR of 4 but my links page has a PR of 0.

Do you link from the page that has the high PR or do you link from your links page? Or, does the home page count as a page rank for your entire site.

If I were to link from the links page (which has a zero) would that help someone you are linking to or would I have to link from my home page which has a PR of 4?

I hope that this question was not too difficult to understand.

Oh by the way, I have a pet tortilla. What should I name him?

God Bless, and Flame-On!!!

Elmo :mrgreen:
Mark Ellis a.k.a. "ELMO" Owner Ellistrations http://www.ellistrations.com

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
elmo033057 wrote:Dear Affilobuds and Affilobudettes,

I have a question that has been bugging me for quite some time now so perhaps someone here will know the answer to this problemo.

We all know that it is good to get links to our site and to link to others, however, whenever you link to someone's site or they link to yours which page should you put the link on?

My ellistrations home page has a PR of 4 but my links page has a PR of 0.

Do you link from the page that has the high PR or do you link from your links page? Or, does the home page count as a page rank for your entire site.

If I were to link from the links page (which has a zero) would that help someone you are linking to or would I have to link from my home page which has a PR of 4?

I hope that this question was not too difficult to understand.

Oh by the way, I have a pet tortilla. What should I name him?

God Bless, and Flame-On!!!

Elmo :mrgreen:

Elmo,

You can link to another site from your links page which has a PR of 0. I personally would not link to someone from my homepage unless they had the same PR as I and did the same for me. Link Metro offers a service to create a directory. See the link in my sig for that or ask Sean what he thinks of the service :)
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yeh, Adrian got me onto link metro advanced and it makes things easier. I hated putting links into the directory manually.

As for your pet tortilla, I think he (Assuming its a he) should have a mexican name.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

elmo033057
Trust:
Dear Affilobuds Adrian and Sean,

You guys are so awesome I can't believe it. I really appreciate all of your help. You both have been promoted to Afilobudsie- wudsie status!!!

Thanks again for all opf your help.

God Bless & Flame On!!!

ELMO :mrgreen:

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
elmo033057 wrote:Dear Affilobuds Adrian and Sean,

You guys are so awesome I can't believe it. I really appreciate all of your help. You both have been promoted to Afilobudsie- wudsie status!!!

Thanks again for all opf your help.

God Bless & Flame On!!!

No worries Elmo... keep on going at your site and let us know if you need anything.
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
And here I was thinking I'd never become an affilobudsie wudsie....
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

joshua
Trust:
You normally don't want to link from your homepage, the main purpose for traffic is to keep the vistors on your site. The only time I would recommend linking for the home page is if you are going to get a link back on there home page and it is a high traffic site. Most of the time cross linking is for seo purposes. I rarely exchange links now. Submit to all the directories and get a handful of high quality relevant sites to exchange with and you will rise in the serps quickly.
elmo033057
Trust:
Josh and Sean,

Thanks so much for helping me get some of this stuff straight.

Let me make sure I have this right, You should link FROM your links page and when you have people linking to you then they should link TO your home page?

Sean06- Now that you are an Affilo-Budsie-Wudsie you can be something and actually get somewhere in life. Wow, now you've got that going for ya.

God Bless & Flame On!!!!!

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
elmo033057 wrote:Josh and Sean,

Thanks so much for helping me get some of this stuff straight.

Let me make sure I have this right, You should link FROM your links page and when you have people linking to you then they should link TO your home page?

Sean06- Now that you are an Affilo-Budsie-Wudsie you can be something and actually get somewhere in life. Wow, now you've got that going for ya.

God Bless & Flame On!!!!!

Elmo,

You link to others' pages from your links directory.... and have them link to your homepage.