Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Link forwarding - How would I do it?

keithoz
Trust:

Link forwarding - How would I do it?

Hi guys I have a domain name bought from go daddy, but I use Mid phase as my host. I want to use one of the domain names I own to link to an affiliate site when someone clicks on it. I think its called link forwarding? How would I do it and would I have to transfer the domain name from godaddy to my host midphase.
Any help appreciated thanks.
Heres also wishing all a fantastic Christmas and A Happy Nw Year.
Keith
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
You want to forward your URL from Godaddy to point to an affiliate link is that correct?
PremiumMember
bono
Trust:
Keith,

You want to redirect your domain to an affiliate site. One way to achieve this is to use a server side redirect.

First thing to do is point your domain name to Domain Name Servers (DNS) on your web host (this was given to you when you signed up with your host – if you don’t have it, ask your web host). DNS look like this: NS1.YOURWEBHOST.COM
NS2.YOURWEBHOST.COM

In other words you need to change DNS settings.
So, go to GoDaddy, login and look for an option like “Manage name servers”. And then simply input your web host’s DNS and click submit.

Once this done log into your domain’s CPANEL (e.g. [http://www.YOURdomain.com/cpanel]). You’ll need userid and password. If you don’t have it, once again, contact your web host.

When you log into your cpanel look for Redirect icon and click on it and just submit necessary information.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by ampie g on 03 Feb 10 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unlinked URL as it is only used for illustration and not an actual link

[url=http://www.kwikpress.com/payperplay:237nuxkj][b:237nuxkj]Get Paid Every Time Your Website Is Seen...[/url:237nuxkj][/b:237nuxkj]

keithoz
Trust:
Hey guys thanks Adrian and Bono I have figured it all out now and happy to say I have done what I wanted to achieve.Cheers Keith
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Cool. Glad to hear.
bobbyd
Trust:
Congrats :-)