Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Is linking back to my Ezine article a reciprocal link?

ddenby
Trust:

Is linking back to my Ezine article a reciprocal link?

I am submitting articles to many different article submission sites like Ezinearticles, Artical Avenue, Squidoo, etc. Once they are approved, I set up a link to each article from my website. Does this decrease my one-way link value since I am linking back to my articles, thus making it a reciprocal link?
jpastorizo
Trust:
I believe it will affect it. There is no other way Google sees reciprocal links. It is what it is.
I think you can get away with 3 way links. Article 1 -> Article 2 -> Website -> Article 1.

Mark, need your advice on this!

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

ddenby
Trust:
OK, thanks Renato, hopefully Mark will confirm, I have 15 more to get out and I don't want to harm the value of the one way link.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Yes Renato is correct - you don't want any kind of circular linking going on at all!

ddenby: you should reword the articles you submit to these sites and then put them on your website. I see that people need to click through to Squidoo to read your articles. This is not something I would recommend for lots of reasons, but primarily because you want to build your site into an asset with quality content. Ideally, visitors should only be leaving if they are going to buy something. Keep the valuable information on your site because each article is another opportunity to promote a product and make a sale.

All the best,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

jpastorizo
Trust:
Hi Mark,

That is what I do. The good quality articles are on my site and then I get an acceptable article written for the ones only for SEO purposes primarily to build backlinks.

Hey, Jason Katzenback revealed one of his strategies last night. I tried it once last night but I only have free versions of the tools. Have you checked it out yet Mark? The one where he converts his blog into an executable ebook using Activ E-book compiler, PADGen and then distributed by Pad Express Submit to thousands of sites. He said on average the ebook is accepted about 10-15% so that is about 150 backlinks. Ideas were flying in my head last night. I feel that this has a huge potential to improve our SEO efforts. But what are your thoughts on this strategy?

Hoping to hear your feedback.
Thanks.

Regards,
Renato

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I haven't tried this strategy myself so I can't comment on it sorry. I am getting one of my SEO expert staff to look into it shortly to see how beneficial it is.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

jpastorizo
Trust:
Awesome! Thanks Mark!

jeremyg
Trust:
Renato,

Cheers for the heads up on the technique.

I personally haven't tested it - but I'm going to have a play for sure. Looks interesting and with good potential at least until it gets exploited in big numbers and the roof caves in.

Regarding the question on on way links: ditto Mark.

Cheers!
Jeremy.
PremiumMember
gmhouse
Trust:
jpastorizo wrote:Hey, Jason Katzenback revealed one of his strategies last night. I tried it once last night but I only have free versions of the tools. Have you checked it out yet Mark? The one where he converts his blog into an executable ebook using Activ E-book compiler, PADGen and then distributed by Pad Express Submit to thousands of sites. He said on average the ebook is accepted about 10-15% so that is about 150 backlinks. Ideas were flying in my head last night. I feel that this has a huge potential to improve our SEO efforts. But what are your thoughts on this strategy?

Is there anyway to get more info on this technique? How about a link? This sounds great!

Thanks in advance

Gary
jpastorizo
Trust:
Gary,

Go to Jason's blog http://www.johncow.com
You will see it there in one of his post about getting to Google's #1 within 18 hours doing only 22 minutes of work.

Renato

PremiumMember
gmhouse
Trust:
Very much appreciated!

Thank you

Gary

This topic was started on Aug 19, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.