Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Is Domain Authority still Useful for SEO?

lisahandson
Trust:

Is Domain Authority still Useful for SEO?

Hi Folks,

I have heard and read somewhere that in 2016, domain authority is meaning nothing. Google many times changed their algorithm, but Moz remained in a Stone Age.

As the result, in 2016 the MOZ metrics are completely meaningless for SEO purpose. Thousands domains with high DA are Google penalized or banned.

How rightful is that importance?
Your comments are welcome.
live webcasting services: webstreamworld.ae/services/live-video-streaming-dubai

carolinemurphy
Trust:
That is right. Google penalized thousands of domains with high DA. I am wondering that why MOZ metrics are getting wrong.
hcfgrizzly
Trust:
lisahandson wrote:Hi Folks,

I have heard and read somewhere that in 2016, domain authority is meaning nothing. Google many times changed their algorithm, but Moz remained in a Stone Age.

As the result, in 2016 the MOZ metrics are completely meaningless for SEO purpose. Thousands domains with high DA are Google penalized or banned.

How rightful is that importance?
Your comments are welcome.

DA and PA were always useless metrics. Think about it:
Moz doesn`t have access to much information. I have heard some stupid people even say that PA and DA influence traffic.
DA is just a smoke screen from Moz to attract newbies to their tools. I have to hand it to them, they know how to attract noobs.
Affiliate Manager to The HCF Affiliate Program (30-50% RevShare - Special Niche Market)
== > http://affiliates.hcfaminoscience.com/

techbizmasters
Trust:
I agree with above statements. Moz metrics doesn't be so specific about a site's performance in Search engines.
aquibsk123
Trust:
Yes it is still useful... Domain authority is a measure of the power of a domain name and is one of many search engine ranking factors. Domain authority is based on three factors: Age, Popularity, and Size. SEO gurus Moz can be credited with the metric known as DA or domain authority.

This topic was started on Mar 19, 2016 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.