Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

How do I increase keyword density on my product review pages

paulie69
Trust:

How do I increase keyword density on my product review pages

Hello all,

I know that we should be aiming for a minimum of 1% keyword density on our pages. But how do we do this for product review pages? I'm finding it very difficult to sprinkle a page with "xxxxx product review" enough times to get at least 1%. About the best I can manage is about 0.45% maximum and that's pushing it, otherwise I find the wording begins to sound unnatural.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but I imagine that it would be pretty common for most people to have low keyword densities on their product review pages so how on earth can we expect to rank for product review keyword? How can we beat the competition if we can't get the kw density up?

Thanks, Paul.
Last edited by michellerana on 07 Oct 09 6:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: title changed to describe the post better

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
This title is the keyword as well and should at least be placed within the article at least at 1% density. Just make sure the article flows naturally. If the1% keyword density will not maintain the article natural flow, then I suggest to just have the keyword appear at least 2 times within the article. Once within the 1st 50 words of the article and the other within the closing paragraph.

I think Renato has answered this question on your previous post. Sometimes it's just not possible to get an article with a natural flow at 1% keyword density. If your article sounds too unnatural you may just use the keywords twice within the article and within the title.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

paulie69
Trust:
Ahh thanks michellerana for your help. Actually I haven't specifically asked any questions about keyword density esp pertaining to review pages, I just assumed it would be naturally lower but wasn't sure and was always frustrated trying to get the kd up to 1% on them.

Your reply was very helpful though, thanks again :)

Regards
Paul.
jpastorizo
Trust:
Hey brother,

Don't get to caught up with keyword density especially for very targeted articles like Product Reviews. The game is changing and Google is starting to forget about keyword density. It looks like they are focusing on their LSI stuff and forgetting about keyword density to give Google users a more positive experience. It is aligned with Google's vision to give their users the best experience they can get.

Besides, writing articles for the reader rather than the SEs is really the way to go. Your Readers are the ones who turn into Buyers (not the SEs!). Your off-page link building campaigns (Article Submissions, Mr K Strategy, AMA, RSS Feeds, Social Bookmarking, Video submissions, Blog and Forum commenting etc) will take care of the SEs. =)

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

jeremylawson
Trust:
The aim of a high keyword density is to ensure the article is relevant.

If your article is relevant to the keyword, and refers to the keyword, you don't have to get hung up on the specific keyword density %.

Search engines are getting smarter every day and will know if your article is relevant even if your keyword density isn't quite up there.

BUT: make sure you're you haven't ignored your keyword entirely! An article that doesn't mention the product (and keyword) at all is likely to be not relevant enough!
hi guys!

jpastorizo
Trust:
LOL Jeremy! He who forgets to mention his keyword in his article even once is not here to make money. hehe
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

paulie69
Trust:
haha Renato, how true my friend! :) Thanks guys as always I appreciate your advice and it makes a lot of sense!

Best wishes
Paul.

This topic was started on Oct 07, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.