Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

High Google Ranking But Not Getting Traffic

t.pitts1
Trust:

High Google Ranking But Not Getting Traffic

According to Traffic Travis I am ranking in the top 1-5 for most search engines in various countries for around 8-10 keyword phrases but I am seeing almost zero organic traffic on my site. I am not sure why this is happening (or not happening) apart from my keywords being way off target. Any ideas guys?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
How much search volume are these keywords getting? Are they popular? Or are they so obscure that nobody is actually searching for them, therefore you get no traffic?

Two answers I can think of:

1) Your keywords have low search volumes, so it doesn't matter if you're ranking highly or not... nobody is looking for them.

2) Your snippet and/or page title is unappealing, so people aren't enticed to click through from the search engines. Although I'd expect given a high enough search volume you'd see *some* -- regardless of how bad your meta info is.

I'd put my money on number 1. Can you give us a bit more info about the search volumes of those keywords?
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

t.pitts1
Trust:
mmm... I see what you mean. I've just re-checked all my keywords and only 2 are showing any worthwhile traffic but I am not ranking for either of them......problem solved me thinks!!
Thanks Guys
wennykev
Trust:
you can buy traffic from freelancers from SEOclerks at cheap rates.

This topic was started on Feb 20, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.