Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Can I Rank Well For High Competition Keywords?

mcfarlanek
Trust:

Can I Rank Well For High Competition Keywords?

Hello Everyone,

I have a few questions (below) that I hope someone can help with. I'm in the process of researching a keywords to target for my website niche.

I know there are many factors in evaluating certain words so my questions below assume all things equal.

1 - When looking at some keywords - usually product specific ones, I notice many have Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc... at the top. However most of the time the only rating that is high is the site DA, most other metrics show 1 or zero with 0 juice backlinks. With a well optimized page can you rank higher than these sites?

2. If a youtube video or Pinterest site is ranked in the top 10 - Are they tough to beat, with a well optimized page can you rank higher than these sites?

3. For a niche like "golf shoes" the competition is way to strong (for me) however, sometimes a sub-niche like "Size 12 Callaway Golf shoes" will show a good search volume with very little competition. Is it a better to create a whole website and only focus on size twelve shoes? or can I still target golf shoes as my main keyword for the site and just optimize pages for the size 12 callaway shoes.?

If anyone can provide some direction it would be greatly appreciated. These questions are holding me back with selecting my final niche. And they ultimately can have a huge impact on what I go with.

If you do respond please let me know which question you are responding to.
Thanks so much in advance to anyone who replies.
cecille.l
Trust:
1 - When looking at some keywords - usually product specific ones, I notice many have Amazon, Walmart, Bestbuy, etc... at the top. However most of the time the only rating that is high is the site DA, most other metrics show 1 or zero with 0 juice backlinks. With a well optimized page can you rank higher than these sites?

>>> Yes, you can rank for these keywords if you make sure to optimize your page well and build consistent, quality backlinks to the page.

2. If a youtube video or Pinterest site is ranked in the top 10 - Are they tough to beat, with a well optimized page can you rank higher than these sites?

>>> It's going to be challenging, but it is not impossible. It's going to take time and a sound and steady linkbuilding strategy to accomplish this.

3. For a niche like "golf shoes" the competition is way to strong (for me) however, sometimes a sub-niche like "Size 12 Callaway Golf shoes" will show a good search volume with very little competition. Is it a better to create a whole website and only focus on size twelve shoes? or can I still target golf shoes as my main keyword for the site and just optimize pages for the size 12 callaway shoes.?

>>>> You don't have to build a website on size 12 shoes. A webpage targeting the keyword is enough. Make sure that the article is optimized, including the entire page. Then drive traffic to the page, build links to it.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

ketul.parmar
Trust:
To get rank well on high competitive keyword is depend on your how to promote your site on SE. There are many factors affect your ranking.
maimoonatariq30
Trust:
SEO is a best technique to rank your keywords in any Search Engine. You can do it yourself if have knowledge about SEO. Or you can hire any professional SEO expert from SEOclerks, who have good skills in SEO.
maimoonatariq30
Trust:
SEO is a best technique to rank your keywords in any Search Engine. You can do it yourself if have knowledge about SEO. Or you can hire any professional SEO expert from SEOclerks, who have good skills in SEO.

This topic was started on Aug 11, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.