Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Blog Commenting Dead?

PremiumMember
live4therisk
Trust:

Blog Commenting Dead?

I'm trying to get a better understand of building links through blog commenting.

From what I have been reading I learned that most blog comments are no follow which are good for diversifying a link profile and getting traffic but not good for SEO.

My main question is this still an effective strategy in 2014? If so what do you put in the name field of blogs. I've read you can do something like Name@Keyword and then in the website link, put the relevant link.

Not sure if this is still allowed or if it will be marked as spammy. The last thing I want to do is spam and get penalties.

Any ideas?
cecille.l
Trust:
If you look at it from an SEO perspective, blog commenting won't really help you that much since most blogs these days are no follow. However, it is great for getting traffic to your site, enriching your site's link profile and interacting with your target market.

I think the above reasons are enough to continue doing blog commenting. It's a great way of reaching out with your target market and make your online presence felt within the niche you're in. In a way it does help boost PR because it helps bring more traffic to your site.

If so what do you put in the name field of blogs. I've read you can do something like Name@Keyword and then in the website link, put the relevant link.

Always use your name and if you can't (or don't want to), then use your site's name then post a link to the relevant post on your site, or you can just refer them to the homepage.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
You can get effective backlinks from blog commenting. Make sure you post on relevant blogs so you are not dubbed a spammer. See to it that your content is not laden with sales pitch.
ketul.parmar
Trust:
Relevancy is most important factor for blog commenting and forum posting. If you give comment on relevant blog, it is better for you for get visitor traffic.
squierslydia
Trust:
It works but have to be careful now a days.

Google screwed one of the biggest guest blogging platform (MyBlogGuest) after that update.
dmitriygloria
Trust:
Blog commenting is good for generating traffic but it's very hard to find one that is do follow. So you should only comment on blogs that are similar to yours.
alpa
Trust:
Blog commenting very best way increase your backlink.

This topic was started on Jun 17, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.