Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

wasting money on adwords

nates450r
Trust:

wasting money on adwords

hi guys i had a quick question, i am using adwords for my current website and have had good luck with it but i have noticed that alot of the visit times of my visiters is short because the of (non relavent keywords) witch i understand is a problem with google. why is google advertising my website when the searched keyword is not relevent to my product??

is there a quick way to make a list of non realevent keywords?? and ad them to my campaign?
all the keywords on my campaign are BROAD MATCH relevent to my website do i need to change the broad match?

keyword = broad match
"keyword" = match exact phrase
[keyword] = match exact term only
-keyword = don't match this term

i see this on adwords and i understand it but i really did not want to put a ( -) on all non relevent keywords
any advise would be great please keep in mind i am not an expert in adwords

Thank you,
Nathan
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Nathan,
1. A reason why they are not staying long is because you are not laser targeting the people that click.
For EG: I search for dog training in google... and up pops your ad with Dog washing or similar but you structured your ad to make it look enticing so I click... so what do I do when I find it's not relevent, click off your site.
The reason why google displays your ads is because you pay for them, even if they are irrelevent... but that makes your PPC cost go up and your quality score go down.
That is not good.
PPC is involved and is all about relevent keywords and websites to match and of course optimising your adgroups etc...
Maybe the admin guys can chip in a bit here.. as PPC stuff can be researched for days..lol Sorry I don't have days to write..lol

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

jasondodd
Trust:
hi nathan, not sure if you use Traffic Travis but it's a free tool that has some great features to help you do PPC analysis - it includes helpful video lessons too
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

nates450r
Trust:
i checked my quality score today for my landing page and all the kewords were listed as an (ok) score witch i guess is better than poor-- is there any general quick tips i can do to get a better score?
zagger69
Trust:
Nathan
Just a small comment.
Your spelling is laughable, and your grammer is not much better.
Without wishing to sound critical, I have to tell you if I came to your site
and saw errors like that, my first reaction would, this guy is a craphead
I'm out of here.
Sorry, but you've got to look professional, even if you're not!!

Frank
PremiumMember
davetish
Trust:
Uh ... Frank, it's "grammar," not "grammer."

Tish

This topic was started on Jan 30, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.