Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Using Multiple Landing Pages And/Or Domains For Adwords?

rudolf
Trust:

Using Multiple Landing Pages And/Or Domains For Adwords?

Hi!

For optimal visitor conversion for your website it is advised to use different landing pages and/or domains.

For example, someone searches Google, clicks on my ad, and is taken to the landing page and/or domain that fits best with that keyword phrase in terms of language, header titles, etc.

However, I'm not sure if this is completely legitimate. Won't Google see this as duplicate content? Using duplicate pages named index1.html, index2.html, etc. with only minor changes just doesn't feel right. Neither does having 10 domains with almost the exact same content.

Can someone tell me if this is all OK to do? Or is there a solid technique to solve get around this?

Thanks and regards, Rudolf
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
There is more leeway with Adwords.

Just change a few sentences and the keyword and you should be good to go.
rudolf
Trust:
adrian wrote:There is more leeway with Adwords.

Just change a few sentences and the keyword and you should be good to go.

Hi Adrian,

What do you mean with "leeway"? I don't understand what you just said. Could you rephrase it?

Thanks. Regards, Rudolf
This account is managed by two persons; Maarten and Rudolf. You may find either of us posting individually with this account.

PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
Adwords is not as strict about duplicate content as SEO would be.... for example you can use articles off of article sites and still have a great quality score while in SEO you would be penalized for duplicate content. Does that help?
rudolf
Trust:
Thanks for the quick reply!

That definetely clears things up. I just want to be really sure. I don't want my account suspended over things like that.

Thanks again, Rudolf

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Stop worrying so much Rudolf :)

I've got duplicate content on some of my adwords campaigns and it doesn't make any difference. The multiple landing page idea is good if you have lots of different sorts of keywords, but I've found if they're similar, you can get away with only 1 landing page ;)
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

rudolf
Trust:
Just to enlighten this a bit more;

imagine I have a site http://www.MySite.com.

I have these keywords:

- website
- site
- browse site
- surf website

Instead of using one general site called http://www.MySite.com, I could much better target my visitors by using targeted domains, e.g:

- Website.com
- Site.com
- BrowseSites.com
- SurfWebsites.com

Does that make any sense?

I'm still worried that Adwords might ban these ads or websites if I use the same content (except for the modified keywords and appropriate sentences) including the 40 articles needed for each site to avoid the Google slap.

I mean, how will Google know I am the same person owning all those domains, and that I am merely trying to get more accurate traffic?

About a 301 redirect; personally I get annoyed when I'm being redirected to another domain, and end up on a totally different site than promised. E.g: the ad displays http://www.BrowseSites.com, and then the visitor gets redirected to MySite.com/BrowseSites.html.

It will perform so much better displaying and directing to an actual targeted domain, which can avoid the user thinking "hmm, is this really the same site I originally went for?", plus the user is much more likely to click on my ad, as it is more relevant.

Thanks for your time, hope someone can help me out.

Best regards, Rudolf.
Last edited by ampie g on 16 Mar 10 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: delinked url

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I don't know why you'd need to go to that much trouble.

I have campaigns that run lots of different keywords (some of which aren't even mentioned on my page) and I have no trouble getting minimum bids of a few cents.

And you don't need 40 articles to avoid the google slap, I've got sites with just a couple of articles that I grabbed of ezinearticles and there are no problems.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world